The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning

This was the 1st Texas Bash.......... Can't have a Bash without Spam.....The More Spam The Better........:heh:

6fbc286f6a74017cd1c8ef562707819f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you and I ate it, and I "convinced" my boys to eat some. Luckily, they will eat pretty much anything. I really don't like Spam unless it is smoked, but doing it Q style gives it a nice texture and mellows the flavor.

So, it appears we have a reservation at the Travel Lodge for Friday night, leaving Sunday. I'll be buying some Kalbi ribs and the wife will get them marinated, will bring some rice and Cucumber Kimchi too. Will someone already have a grill (not a smoker) that we can use, or do I need to plan on bringing the WSCG (prefer not to)?

Been thinking about it for a while, but didn't want to post and then back out (again). I'm in between jobs right now and was looking for something the wife and I could do to get out of town for a couple days. We'll have our two little dogs too. Please nobody get any ideas about throwing them on the pit...

Well, I hate to sound schizophrenic, but I'm back in the "maybe" category. It is spring break and one of my daughter's friend (like a second daughter) has been dying to go up there to look at a tulip farm or farms, or something. She does not drive, and has offered to pay for the gas, if we take her up there. Of course, we ended putting the van BACK in the shop -Lord willing, we will have it back in time to make the trip. I'm trying to figure out what to bring, if we make it. Since my wings were such a hit last time, maybe I can do thighs with the really hot stuff this time???

Well, I hate to sound schizophrenic, but I'm back in the "maybe" category. It is spring break and one of my daughter's friend (like a second daughter) has been dying to go up there to look at a tulip farm or farms, or something. She does not drive, and has offered to pay for the gas, if we take her up there. Of course, we ended putting the van BACK in the shop -Lord willing, we will have it back in time to make the trip. I'm trying to figure out what to bring, if we make it. Since my wings were such a hit last time, maybe I can do thighs with the really hot stuff this time???
Fool me once...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope you can make it, Dan!

FYI:
The gate opens at 6:00 am.
Park entrance fee is $7.00 per person. (Recommend cash for the envelope as attendant is not on site until later in the morning.)
It is Spring Break and may be a bit busy.
I'll try to be at the gate around 6:00 am and park to capture as many parking spots as I can where we setup the cookers.
Any and all early birds are welcome to join me if you like!! :mrgreen:

mod.gif
WoW Only 3 Days
till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

Hotch, know of any pet friendly inexpensive hotel/motels close by to hole up the night before? We are only 2 1/2 hours North but it would be nice to drive down Friday night and get up early and see the whole thing through (that is if the Mrs don't get too rrstless)!

Acording to Google:
Four Horsemen Travel Lodge
$90
3-star hotel
1301 US-377, Pilot Point, TX 76258•(940) 686-2256

Don't know much about the place but it is close to the Bash.
Give them a call and ask about pets.
THoey1963 is staying there I believe.

Decided on some smoked mac & cheese and a couple of chocolate chip bourbon pecan pies.
Got some friends invited but will know closer to Saturday if they can come.

Finally getting to come to a Bash! Been trying to for the last couple of years and always had to work! Finally the planets have aligned!

Awesome. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

The wife and I should arrive by 10AM. I'll be bringing my Pit Barrel Cooker along. I'm only bringing two racks of ribs to put in it, so there'll be some space for stuff other people might want to try in it. I'll have a pan of chorizo beans to go in someone else's cooker, and some sausages to go wherever. And Spam, don't forget the Spam. I'll also make a big batch of potato salad to bring along.

The wife and I should arrive by 10AM. I'll be bringing my Pit Barrel Cooker along. I'm only bringing two racks of ribs to put in it, so there'll be some space for stuff other people might want to try in it. I'll have a pan of chorizo beans to go in someone else's cooker, and some sausages to go wherever. And Spam, don't forget the Spam. I'll also make a big batch of potato salad to bring along.
All sounds good! :mrgreen:

Back