• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lump Charcoal @ Menards - $2.99

Does anyone know the difference between this stuff and the Red bag sold everywhere else?

Does anyone know the difference between this stuff and the Red bag sold everywhere else?

Honestly I don't know if there is a difference. There is a price difference, green bag is $5.98 at Menard's and the red bag is $6.98 at Walmart.

I'm not a fan of those small bags, they are pretty much all throw away size bits. I've tried the small red bags from Wal-Mart, never again.

Where is the link to the rebate card? I clicked on it, and all i saw was the standard "2% back" rebate

Where is the link to the rebate card? I clicked on it, and all i saw was the standard "2% back" rebate
Enter your zip code & viola. $2.99 after rebate. Rebate card is at the Customer Service Desk in the store. Cheers!!!

I'm not a fan of those small bags, they are pretty much all throw away size bits. I've tried the small red bags from Wal-Mart, never again.
Maybe the bag(s) you got were crushed somehow. I've had great luck with this particular brand from Menards. I guess the closest one to you is in Casper Wyoming. Prolly not worth the road trip... :wink: Cheers!!!

Just went and picked up 4 bags. One thing you need to watch out for are the bags on the bottom of the pallet. They tend to be crushed which could be the issue some people are reporting.

I bought a bag this weekend from Menards (and in the past) Nice big size and distibution of pieces. Lit easily. Smelled good. I had some issues with the Pitbarrel in using it (burned perfectly 1/2 of the basket and then died out???), but I don't think it was the Lump's fault. When cleaning out the ash, I did find a lump of clay and rock. I only bought one bag, I didn't know about the rebate when I got it. I might go back now and get a few more.

From what I could tell, it is exact same Royal Oak Lump as I've got from Wally World. I don't think there is any difference between this and the Red Bag. And fwiw, imho, I don't think it is any different from the "large size" stuff they bag for other companies. This is just based on the fact that if they are using front loaders and can't keep a rock out, then there is no way they have seperating machines to only get large peices in the other bags.

Score??!!??!

Okay so here's my story:

Being a noob to BBQ I have yet to try lump. At this price I figured now would be a good time. So I went to my local Menards today. Whilst standing in the BBQ aisle (which I now have found to be like a new toy store to me) I picked up my four bags, some bamboo skewers for some MOINKS and pig shots I may do soon, a grilling tray for veggies (though I initially thought this would be good for keeping all my MOINKS, pig shots, ABTs from falling through the grates), then I saw beer can chicken stands on sale for under $2 so I grabbed two of those, seriously thought about picking up the pepper stand for doing ABTs but put it back. Then I went to the register.

After the gal rings me up she tells me my total and then tells me I have a $19.96 rebate. I thought "wow that doesn't sound right but maybe there's a rebate on some of the other stuff." Went to grab some lunch before I had to go to work. Finally looked at my Menards receipt:

RO lump 4 @ 4.99 = 19.96
mail in rebates = RO 4 @ 4.99 = 19.96

They've got the rebate coded wrong. Instead of a $2 rebate they're giving it to me for free. Well....sort of since it IS an in-store credit.

EDIT: Just looked at the rebate card online and I'm only getting the $2 back. Damn.

The stuff on sale at the Menards here is 100% hardwood lump I picked up 8 bags, @ 2.99 a bag can't go wrong

Back