The Rub Company Santa Maria Style Ribeye

dataz722

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was one of the lucky few to get a free sample of the The Rub Company's Santa Maria Style rub. First let me just say how damn good this stuff smelled. I didn't even want to cook with it. I just wanted to use it as an air freshener.

I did finally give in and make some ribeyes and oven fried potato wedges with it.

5565844317_b4b97397fe_z.jpg

5566425178_cf0ee84948_z.jpg

5566425748_34e400cd6a_z.jpg

5566424504_ff071239c9_z.jpg

5565846657_ab1bfa35ba_z.jpg

The taters were great but but the steak was very very disappointing. It was very possibly the worst steak I have ever made and I have made hundreds. I just want to be clear though, it had NOTHING to do with the rub. Flavor and rub wise they were great. They were just very tough and cooked very unevenly.

hmmmmm I must have done something wrong. I am going to try and fix the pictures.

That looks really good. Reminds me , I havent had dinner yet.

Photos look great! Thanks for posting the pron and im glad you liked the rub.

Chihuachsund - Salt content is relatively low. You are seeing a combination of salt and garlic. :becky:

How did the rub taste? Looks like a lot of salt and pepper.

It was really damn good. A lot of garlic, pepper, and I think a little mustard and onion powder too it tasted like. I thought there was going to be more salt too but before I put it on the steak I tasted some of it. I actually ended up putting some more salt on the steaks and some more on the taters wouldn't have hurt but I didn't.

All in all the rub was really good. I will probably end up buying a jar of it.

Back