World Domination, One CL ad at a time...

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
So I found this on CL:
picture.php

Brand-new, unopened box, just a few blocks down the street for only $10. I raced over and offered $5.

picture.php

The dude balked at first, but then gave in...

picture.php

When I got home, my wife gave me a fist-bump and a double high five for my deal-making prowess...

...but then the fantasy ended.

In reality, I paid full price for this bad boy. Despite my best efforts to negotiate, the seller was not budging. Furthermore, the wife beat me home and was not nearly as impressed as I hoped that I had found the coolest tailgating/beach/camping pit on the planet.

Oh well, I blew my beer money and the wife is irritated with me. At least I got a new toy.

Congrats on an awesome score!

Last year I found my SJP new in the box at a local farm supply store. It had been there on the shelf for over five years. I badgered them as best I could, but only got them down 10% off of retail. It was worth it though. Today it is one of my favorite kettles. And you're right, they are absolutely the coolest camping rig on the planet!

Why can't I find deals like that? I search CL all the time and every thing is just a few bucks shy of retail with some people actually trying to charge more. What gives! :mad2:

10 bones for a SMP is not something I'd consider a bummer. that's AMAZING. would love to CL scores like those. like the above poster said I get people trying to sell the 22.5 inchers for $80-$100 or just a few bucks off retail. :(

Been there done that, I mean blowing the beer money and pissing off the wife. :becky: Nice score!

Nice score! I might suggest trying to take over the tri-state area first before going after the world.

Toward the end of a great day on the patio, "dear mr fantasy" by Traffic is a great song to listen too while placing the covers back onto the cookers.

The SJP is a great cooker. I have cooked all kinds of tastey treats on mine while hunting, vacationing, and camping. There is a learning curve with setting the vents and learning how to smoke and grill on it, but once it gets dialed in, there is no stopping it.

Why can't I find deals like that? I search CL all the time and every thing is just a few bucks shy of retail with some people actually trying to charge more. What gives! :mad2:

Same here man. I honestly think it's a regional thing. Sometimes I think people on my local CL are on crack judging by their asking prices.

You could have bought a new one from Wallyworld for five or six times a much. No beer $ for months :-{

$10 for an SJP? Around here I'd be happy to pay that for a used SJS in decent condition. That would be a smokin' deal here. (OTOH I did find a GA with wood handles in great condition for $5 :becky: )

Actually, reading paid full price in context to the above comments suggested full price for the CL ad...

OK, it's a stretch, but still it works syntactically.

Back