First Cook on My Shirley Fabrication Smoker

williamj

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I made the trip down to Tuscaloosa yesterday for my new smoker. Can't say enough about what super people the Shirley family are and what awesome cookers they make. To those people that have only seen pic of their cookers I can tell you they don't do these things any justice. You have to see them in person to know how great they are built. Those that have one of these know exactly what I'm talking about. This is a 24x48 patio model with a 3/8 cook chamber and fire box. This thing is a tank to say the least. This is my first stick burner so there will be a learning curve for me for sure but I'm looking forward to it.

2f6c6b8688eb0a15a093b9e0283f5ad2_zpsde2e5037.jpg

First butt on...ribs later

103ceb4e96dfd43fac119c179ad6365d_zpsb8d7a889.jpg

2375f6ddf34452c789971239074fec6d_zps3d309679.jpg

Sweet! Paul, Tyler and crew are so nice. I was newish to the stick burning game too when I got mine, but I just added a stick every so often and it holds temp like nobody's business. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats! Looking good! Yeah, to say these things are beasts is an understatement. The 3/8" thickness really makes these things monsters!

I can't wait until Wednesday when I fire mine back up.

I love it!
No disrespect to any of the many great builders out there but in the realm of price/quality/customer service those Bama boys truly are in a class all alone..

Enjoy!

That is one fine lookin smoker, butt looks good too. Where are my ribs?

Congrats on your new cooker and your first cook. i an so excited, mine is coming this week. It seems like at least every week another person joins the Shirley family.

Made a brisket in mine yesterday for the first time. Fantastic!! Will post pics later.

That's some mighty fine lookin' Q. I love your smoker also. That's my dream some day, to get a Shirley custom. :first:

Back