Is Barbecue Even Your Favorite Food??

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I really enjoy it, I absolutely love to cook it- but while high on the list, it’s not my favorite- by that I mean something I can eat every day. The history of barbecue is really cool(thank You Texas Monthly and Daniel Vaughn). From old time whole Hog Pitmasters to where we are today is really interesting. I think Im addicted to streaming BBQ Shows. So many times I’ve driven by Q joints and didn’t stop- my mistake. If only for the hot guts-Corn pone and cobbler.

I love to smoke, but I prefer the taste of grilled.

Last edited:
Que is not my favorite to eat.....but it runs a close second!! I don't have any one single food I like to eat all the time, but my most favorite 2 items are deep fried soft shell crabs and deep fried whole belly clams!

I love the cooking process, the equipment, the toys and the taste, but
at the end of the day its not my favorite.

My favorite food is Pasta. I can eat it every day and never get tired of it.
It can be cooked in endless ways and brings this old man happiness.

Italian food overall is my favorite.

Given a large menu, I too tend to veer in the direction of seafood. Though with my severe food ADD (FADD?) I mostly try to keep it mixed up and BBQ fills a slot nicely.

It's actually down the list quite a bit for me, especially after making it for about the last 20 years.

Italian food in general is what I crave.

I really also love a well constructed sandwich of almost any sort. Great bread, small amount of meat, crisp toppings, and a zippy dressing or sauce.

I need variety. Tops on my list are Italian, Mexican, Q, and Asian/Chinese (no particular order). Daughter is still home from school, so chicken has been on the menu a lot over the past few weeks. Thank goodness for the Chicken Taco Pie the other night.

Depends on what day it is........
I'm this way too. Eating out, I tend towards deep fried favorites, because a commercial deep fryer does a better job than I can do at home, since we don't deep fry enough to make it worthwhile to have the equipment. At home, it depends on what is seasonal, for example it's hard to beat just picked sweet corn, the rest of the year, don't care for corn. When traveling near a coast, it's fresh fish, in Potterville, Michigan, I hit Gizzard City for chicken gizzards.

Being from Southeast Texas, my fav is seafood and Creole/Cajun cooking. But living in Michigan now makes it nearly impossible to get quality food like that.

I've always said I like to cook BBQ a hell of a lot more then I like to eat it. It's way down the list for me. Not something I'd ever seek out if going out to eat.

My son keeps taking me out to BBQ restaurants in Chicago, I just smile and look for the pulled pork sandwich.

I have to say Pasta is my favorite as well. It is so versatile in preparation.

Back