Costco's 14.32 lbs Prime brisket break down

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi All Purchased a 14.32 lb prime brisket fro Costco last week.Here is the breakdown.
A 3.5 lb flat went as a Pot Roast, which came very good.:clap2:
Now I have a 3.5 lb flat and 3 lb point, to cook together. The flat was injected with Butcher Prime Injection. The point I didn't inject looked like it had enough fat to keep it moist. Should have I injected the point?
Let see 3.5 flat pot roast
3.5 flat to be cooked
3.0 point to be cooked
That gave me 10 lbs of precooked brisket from the 14.32 lb, so 4.32 was fat looked like much more., when I was trimming it.

So at 225*-250* how much cooking time am I looking at?

Thanks DanB

yes Costco briskets seem to have a bit if fat. still worth the price

I'm a heavy brisket trimmer and 4lbs off a 14lb prime brisket from Costco sounds about right in my experience.

Are you cooking on your Shirley? If so I'd crank that heat up to like 275* minimum. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm a heavy brisket trimmer and 4lbs off a 14lb prime brisket from Costco sounds about right in my experience.

Are you cooking on your Shirley? If so I'd crank that heat up to like 275* minimum. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Hi Rain n cold here for the next few days..I may have to go to the oven.:doh:
Thanks Dan
PS Funny thing bout the brisket I had trouble separating the point from the flat.For some reason I couldn't find the line of fat that separates the two.

Hi I have separated many brisket before. This one for some reason was puzzle for me.
Thanks Dan

Brisket

Hi All OK here is where the brisket is at after 8.5 hrs the flat is reading 205 and the point is at 202..The point is pretty much probe tender,making burnt ends. Should I pull it. The flat is still NOt probe tender in places.My problem is, it is 11 am here dinner is at 6pm..Wrap the flat in foil into a cooler with towels? Will it be OK at 6 pm?
Thanks DanB

Hi All OK here is where the brisket is at after 8.5 hrs the flat is reading 205 and the point is at 202..The point is pretty much probe tender,making burnt ends. Should I pull it. The flat is still NOt probe tender in places.My problem is, it is 11 am here dinner is at 6pm..Wrap the flat in foil into a cooler with towels? Will it be OK at 6 pm?
Thanks DanB

Wrap in paper or foil and hold for a bit....about 170. You can take it out an hour before service

It can sit in a decent cooler for well over 7 hours before it drops into the danger zone which is below 130.

Brisket Pics

Hi All Here are some of today's brisket pics. For some reason I could not label the pics?
Enjoy DanB

Attachments

• IMG_20190123_153034849_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190123_153034849_HDR.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20190124_113416319_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190124_113416319_HDR.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Back