I love my wife..............PRON

BobBrisket

Reaction score
No not that kinda pron you nasty Farkers!!:twisted:

So the wife headed out to Sams yesterday for the usual diaper run. She call and says what should I bring home for dinner. She says they have some nice steaks and salmon filets. I said bring home whatever you and I'll cook it up. I remembered I had a cedar plank and could cover either base........surf or turf.
SO she shows up with this.......
3459757528_cab0c1ca49_o.jpg

Planked it with some fresh garden mint and did a whole grain mustard, raspberry, red wine, and balsamic glaze and dusted it with lemon pepper.
She also brought home a big pack of shrooms. So half went into some foil with butter and wooster sauce and some were experimented with. I made SHROINKS!!
Stuffed it with cheese and wrapped in maple bacon. Should have made more. They went quick! Good stuff.
3459757580_89d33f182c_o.jpg

Finally...........
3459757610_b9f28b4566_o.jpg

Finally........dinner is served. That's the wife tearing into the salmmy. Good stuff.

The wife took the rest for lunch and even my son tore into the salmon so I'd say it was a successful dinner. I know I liked it!

That looks great, and I'm going to do the "SHROINKS!!". Thanx for shareing Bob

Looks great! I've been meaning to try some salmon one of these days.

Looks wonderful Bob! I like the looks of your shrooms too!

I cook something similar with shrooms, except I stuff them with a piece of Conecuh sausage.

Thanks again. I really recommend the maple bacon. It contrast nicely with the shroom. Next time I will use some pepper jack or even bleu. Seems that combination would work well too.
BACON RULES!!!

Nice lookin fish. Mint is not high on my taste list, but you certainly made it look good. Good job!

I usually use basil, but my basil plants are only about an inch high and have two tiny leaves a piece on em at the moment. The mint plant is taking off nicely though. It didn't have a strong mint flavor. They mellowed out as they dried up. Basil will work too though as will chives.

Looks great.
Now I will have to explain what shroinks are to my friends when I make them .

Back