• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Do You Like This Site?????

Well,
It is the 1st of the month and I got my old fart's pension payment.
Just sent a bit on to Phil to keep the home fires burning!
Cheap entertainment for me--
And this is one of my families.

TIM

If we don't have a lot of extra money, could we do something non monetary for the site? I have some time, but things are really tight right now with the new job and all. I do enjoy the site, and want to give back...

If we don't have a lot of extra money, could we do something non monetary for the site? I have some time, but things are really tight right now with the new job and all. I do enjoy the site, and want to give back...

Noah,
You just continue making quality posts like you do!
The rest will take care of itself! Trust me.

TIM

Noah,

TIM

I couldn't agree more!!! Just think of the time you took about a year ago to help me and Walt out......that is priceless!!!:wink:

Noah,

TIM

Gonna quote myself cause I screwed up! :oops:

To any of you who can not, for whatever reason, send a few $$--just post some quality information, or "atta-boys", or whatever feels good!

That is what makes this site so special---the participation of all!

Thanks,

TIM

Thanks guys! The only problem is that I have learned much more from this site, than what I have contributed... It is this site that turned my "like" of cooking into "love!" And Tonto, all I did was brag about my cooker! And Tim, you and Dave were the first brothers that I actually met. You made me and my little girl feel at home!

Thanks!

"You made me and my little girl feel at home!"

Noah,
Since you brought up Katie.....
Mrs Kapn is going through serious "Grand Kiddo Withdrawal" right now! :evil:

I will bet she would gladly contribute a ton of money to the Forum just to borrow Katie for a week or so! :lol:
What a charmer she is!

All joking aside--I have stated the truth above.
Just keep on being a Brother!

TIM

just getting to look at the beer by my name is worth the money. Knowing it is really going to keep this great site up and running is even better.

Gonna quote myself cause I screwed up! :oops:

To any of you who can not, for whatever reason, send a few $$--just post some quality information, or "atta-boys", or whatever feels good!

That is what makes this site so special---the participation of all!

Thanks,

TIM

I just want to back up what the good Kapn said. This is not, and hopefully never will be, a pay site. But it does cost money to run it. We do not want to shame anyone to donate. You may donate money if you wish, or donate by being a quality poster. What ever you do, there is no pressure to do anything but be a Brother (or sister).:cool:

Just did the subscription thing. Unfortunately I could not figure out how to do a subscription and donation in the same transaction and my pay pal is hooked to a savings account which limits me to 1 transaction a month. Oh well. Will add the donation next time.

Now, can someone explain what all the different icons are for? The ice cream, the beer in a mug, what appears to be a couple of beers in pilsner (sp?) glasses, the jug of booze, etc.?

Well,
It is the 1st of the month and I got my old fart's pension payment.
Just sent a bit on to Phil to keep the home fires burning!
Cheap entertainment for me--
And this is one of my families.

TIM

Me too Tim. ~old fart's pension payment mod~

I look at the donation as taking care of our family.

Thanks going out to Phil, all the Mods and everyone who has a hand in keeping this place going.

You guys are doing a great job!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Last edited:
Just chipped in a few bucks last night...thanks guys! Keep it goin'! :p

Just did the subscription thing. Unfortunately I could not figure out how to do a subscription and donation in the same transaction and my pay pal is hooked to a savings account which limits me to 1 transaction a month. Oh well. Will add the donation next time.

Now, can someone explain what all the different icons are for? The ice cream, the beer in a mug, what appears to be a couple of beers in pilsner (sp?) glasses, the jug of booze, etc.?

Basically stars are for subscriptions and icons are for donations. It will all be explained in Phil's State of the Brethren speech.

Basically stars are for subscriptions and icons are for donations. It will all be explained in Phil's State of the Brethren speech.
And we should hear that at 10:45 on March 5th, 12003....

J/K... Once again thank you to Phil, the Mods, and all the members!!!

I just recently came across this forum. It must be one over the busier bbq forums I've seen. I'm curious as to why the sight is not offering advertising. I would gladly pay for a nice banner ad. If the board owner or admin would like to discuss it, please email me at Tom@lonestarcustompits.com

www.lonestarcustompits.com

I just recently came across this forum. It must be one over the busier bbq forums I've seen. I'm curious as to why the sight is not offering advertising. I would gladly pay for a nice banner ad. If the board owner or admin would like to discuss it, please email me at Tom@lonestarcustompits.com

www.lonestarcustompits.com
Cuz we're proud to have this site not cluttered. Hence the need for us to make contributions for this great place. I would gladly fit the bill for this place if I had the yen, just so I wouldn't have to wade through spam.

You could go here and become a gold star supporter.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/payments.php

Brothers and Sisters

This site is home for alot of us!! It costs alot to keep the site running and so far Phil and a number of others have paid to keep the site up and running. There are so many members now that it is costing alot more to run this site.

Question: Would you be willing to give a donation to help keep the site running??

I have already hit Pay Pal to help out. Think what it would cost you for a subscription to a magazine.

Come on Bro's

Show you care!!

Buy a subscription or make a donation by using the options in the menu on the top of the forum.

Spice

I'm new here. You probaby won't like my opinion.

I have several years experience co-administrating a rather large vBulletin-based forum that depends entirely on donations to pay the bills. I'm familiar with the tech side and server requirements and prices.

The question in the thread title was do I like this site. My answer is a qualified yes. I like the information and friendliness I've found here, but I refuse to be coerced into buying a "subscription" merely to be able to conduct simple search. I've resorted to using a Google search of the publicly available portions of this site: http://www.google.com/search?q=barbecue&sitesearch=bbq-brethren.com

Back