• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burger.

I finally had a chance to grind some fresh burgers last night using my new Kitchen Aid mixer and grinding attachment. I think I'm gonna like this thing. Nothing real fancy here but I did get a chance to use the Oakridge Black Ops I got from Mike. It was great on the burgers and I can't wait to try it on some brisket.

I used chuck, what types of meat do you guys like to use for making burgers?

i recently broke in new grinder for some burgers too. it totalled to around 5 pounds and i used:

about 3.5 pounds of top round
about 1.5 pounds of boneless short ribs
4 slices of bacon (yes, you read that right )

i ground it all up and reversed them on my OTG with some mesquite. They were by far the best burgers i've ever had. it more expensive than i'd like it to be so next time i'll try something a little less costly. i may start grinding the meat for burgers every time now.

chris

I'm wanting a burger now and I don't mean one of those skinny non fat cows. I want me a fat running down your chin honest to god real nasty looking creation only I (or another Brethren) would recognize as edible. Them was the days. Thanks looks great.

i recently broke in new grinder for some burgers too. it totalled to around 5 pounds and i used:

about 3.5 pounds of top round
about 1.5 pounds of boneless short ribs
4 slices of bacon (yes, you read that right )

i ground it all up and reversed them on my OTG with some mesquite. They were by far the best burgers i've ever had. it more expensive than i'd like it to be so next time i'll try something a little less costly. i may start grinding the meat for burgers every time now.

chris

I'll have to give that a shot. I reverse seared mine too. Did I hear somewhere you need to fully cook the burgers when you use bacon? Maybe that was sausage I'm thinking of, bacon's already cured and smoked once.

I'll have to give that a shot. I reverse seared mine too. Did I hear somewhere you need to fully cook the burgers when you use bacon? Maybe that was sausage I'm thinking of, bacon's already cured and smoked once.

I would think it probably should be cooked a little more if you use lots of bacon. Relatively speaking, I had only a little amount of bacon so it's not something I'd personally worry much about. I seriously can't wait to make some more burgers and try different combinations of meat, just waiting for my next day off!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Those look GaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaREAT. I need me a KA chopper. Ooh da thnigs I could do. Burgers from, brisket, chuck, pork shoulder, veal, lamb, chicken, duck, buffalo, ahahahahahahahaha

Back