Kosmo's ?

bam

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Turkey time again will kosmo's chicken soak work on turkey? Thinking about giving it a try.

Heck yeah!!! It's Turkey time at the Kosmo's test factory also... I know what the folks around our table are going to be grubbing on this year! I would soak it for atleast 12 hours on a 10lb'r.....:becky:

Heck yeah!!! It's Turkey time at the Kosmo's test factory also... I know what the folks around our table are going to be grubbing on this year! I would soak it for atleast 12 hours on a 10lb'r.....:becky:

A 10 lb turkey? Whats that? :confused:

:becky:

So we should be doing a full day(or 2) for a 20lb'er? And have you tried to mix any savories in with the soak(rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.. )?

A 10 lb turkey? Whats that? :confused:

:becky:

So we should be doing a full day(or 2) for a 20lb'er? And have you tried to mix any savories in with the soak(rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.. )?

Never seen a 10 lbs turkey. Is that a chicken in pretending to be a turkey? :laugh:

Sounds good I want to give it a try. My bird will be a 20+ lbs.

Just back from Wally's as in walmart got 2 15 lbs. Going to test one out on tuesday. What's your choice of liquid and time in soak? Normally after brining if time permits I place in fridge to air dry for a day.:thumb:

Just back from Wally's as in walmart got 2 15 lbs. Going to test one out on tuesday. What's your choice of liquid and time in soak? Normally after brining if time permits I place in fridge to air dry for a day.:thumb:

Your only 5 off from a little Oklahoma Turkey:thumb: Air drying is the way to go! :becky:

Love to add herbs to the soak. Either heat them or finely chop them....Got to release them oils. Or as we say in OK erils..LOL

Whats Kosmo's chicken soak???Im smokin a turkey this year but im lookin for a good brine.And whats the best thing to brine it in???

This looks interesting. So tell me is this in lieu of brining or in addition to brining. Are you now smoking the turkey or grilling off set?

I did a 12 pound turkey that i soaked in Kosmos for about 12 hours, spatchcocked it and rubbed it with Simply Marvelous Cherry and smoked it with cherry wood it was really good, juicy, tender and just the right flavor, nothing left but the bones!

I did a 12 pound turkey that i soaked in Kosmos for about 12 hours, spatchcocked it and rubbed it with Simply Marvelous Cherry and smoked it with cherry wood it was really good, juicy, tender and just the right flavor, nothing left but the bones!

Sounds decadent and you can get both products from our store :becky:

I know the soak works great with chicken. Thought it would do turkey justice glad to hear you had good results. Got bird in fridge now added some allspice,cinnamon and some dill to the soak.

I know the soak works great with chicken. Thought it would do turkey justice glad to hear you had good results. Got bird in fridge now added some allspice,cinnamon and some dill to the soak.

Would love to see some pics if you get any Huck.

well, i was gonna do my standard brine, but now you've got me thinking... i do have a big bag of chicken soakk....kos, what do you think about bourbon, lemon, and sage in there?

well, i was gonna do my standard brine, but now you've got me thinking... i do have a big bag of chicken soakk....kos, what do you think about bourbon, lemon, and sage in there?

Can't go wrong with them ingredients! Drink the Burbon the add the rest :becky:

Back