Pasta - For Competition

T

Timmy

We are entered in a comp that, besides the four main KCBS catagories, there is a pasta catagory also. I have never done an additional catagory. This really has me stumped:confused:. So the question is: What are the rules for a pasta catagory? Is it pasta only-no meat? Garnish? What is..or isnt allowed in the turn in box? Any help wil l be appreciated. :oops:

thats not a question we can generalize and answer. You need to look at your cooks package, or the rules for the contest.. Every 'anything butt', 'chefs choice', etc.. catagory has its own set of rules.. u need to check into your specific contest.

Which contest is it?

Oh, well see thats what I needed to know. This site is great...almost instant answers! And it's the comp in Excelsior Springs, Mo August 17, 18.
Thanks Oh Grand One.

Excelsior Springs

Oh, well see thats what I needed to know. This site is great...almost instant answers! And it's the comp in Excelsior Springs, Mo August 17, 18.
Thanks Oh Grand One.

Good Luck at Excelsior.....We will look for you, we are coming up to visit.

some teams from this thread will be going up there. (Neal, plowboy, greatgrills)

i looked for the rules for the pasta entry on the events website. Nothing posted, just entry forms. Maybe the other teams can give u some insight.

Admin note: ** Moved to Comp. **

Talked to the guy today it is anything goes but it does have to fit in the box...We will be there and are entered in the pasta...still dont know what we are going to do for that...What do you have planned??? We are thinking just dont do it......

I would do a finger friendly pasta, not a linguine type. More like a ravioli or stuffed shells there you can get your 6 portions and have lots of fun with the garnishing.

I would do mini lasagna's baked in a springform like these... have fun

We'll be there. Pasta has been a fun little add on every year.

Back