Thread: Built rite
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #194
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

I wonder what would happen if a customer took a long time to make final payment? If Mr Boston is really “Robbing Peter to pay Paul” then if when Mr Boston requested the final payment and the customer said I will get that to you soon, maybe 2 weeks max?

My problem going forward is that to get the trailer I am supposed to give Mr Boston more money. I explained to Mr Boston before that I had a real problem trusting him with my money again. I could pay for the grill/smoker because I guess I would get a picture of the smoker with a request for final payment. The trailer however will only be finished, Mr Boston’s words, when I give him another payment. I really have no interest in trusting him on a different timeline after already giving him 30% of the money for it back on October 30th. 100+ days later no drawings have been received, no pictures of progress, no specific delivery date, and according to Mr Boston’s own words if he had my trailer shell on his property he would be asking for more money to purchase the equipment to go into the trailer.

If you take Mr Boston’s statement as fact you are believing that my deposit money is still in his account, but yet he claims my smoker is almost done. The information doesn’t make sense. If he purchased my trailer shell already then how is my deposit money in his bank account. How can any of my deposit money sit in a frozen account 100+ days into a 2-4 week and a stated 4-6 week build.

As a fellow small business owner I know the requirements of doing business with another business and the requirements to act in a responsible fiduciary way. I am troubled by a business owner who uses personal tragedies as an excuse to continue to screw folks. Mr Boston assumes that the rest of us have no personal problems or family tragedies.

I don’t personally believe that Mr Boston is simply robbing peter to Paul. What I think has happened is that Mr Boston is paying himself a salary that his business can’t afford to pay him and since he has taken deposits and not delivered on products for so long that he has to push out a smoker to get his salary. That doesn’t leave money in the business for a “rainy day.” If your business isn’t making money then you have to roll up your sleeves and work harder and you better make sure you do your very best for each customer. You better make sure you get repeat business and that you treat each customer better than you treat your family. In a struggling business you can’t just demean your customers and lie about them.

Mr Boston has been dealing with a timeline issues since February of 2016 according to his Facebook business page. I saw apologies for delays in getting builds out as far back as February 2016. How long should customers expect to put up with this. Building a superior product doesn’t allow you to screw people. I love the product that I see on Mr Boston’s website. I truly believe he builds good stuff. I do also believe that Mr Boston should treat fellow small business owners better because he knows how hard it is to compete against the big companies. Mr Boston believes that since my BBQ guy has been able to borrow a grill, which he has no idea how much I have had to pay to borrow the smoker, that is ok because I am selling food. I purchased his biggest grill on his website and asked for it to be painted a fire engine red color with a yellow trailer so it would stand out and attract attention.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote