BGE Purchase

snowocean

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just got done putting together a LBGE. the top half is slightly off the bottom half. Sticks out maybe an 1/8". Will not effect cooking, but a little annoying considering the price TWG on these things.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Did you center the top before tightening the band?? It should fit perfectly. I've not heard of that.

I read a thread on this at the egghead forum and it sounds like it's more typical when people remove the lid to replace the heat gasket. Someone posted YouTube videos on fixes that seemed easy enough, but thinking about it I am going to loosen the connections and recents it before tightening. I had it centered and tightened, but i didn't really crank it down before lifting the lid. This time I will crank it super tight before lifting the lid.

I was told by my local dealer, that BGE wants their eggs fully assembled before delivered to customer. If you still have issues, contact the dealer that sold it too you.
HTH

Another thing that's crazy is I went to a different dealer that was closer just to look at there floor models and they had similar issues. They even had a gap of about 1/8" between the heat gaskets at the spring. The sales guy there tried denying it, so I told to take a look for himself. He was pretty shocked.......

Curious what other People think.......on one hand I want it to be dead nuts on center, but on the other I hate to delay the first cook any longer and I know it will perform slightly off center. I am leaning towards taking it back tomorrow and having them re-assemble.

That's very close.. I expected it to be worse.

I don't think you'll have issue at all there as long as you have the gaskets touching each other.

I had the other lssue where the top lid was sitting off the bottom (rear) side and it look contstant re-aligning to get it to have minimal gap between gaskets.

I had the other lssue where the top lid was sitting off the bottom (rear) side and it look contstant re-aligning to get it to have minimal gap between gaskets.

That's exactly what I saw in the hardware. I ended loosening and readjusting. Worked well and then fired it up for a dry run and lifting and what not it started to move back a little, but not as much. I think the ring is slightly bent, but a minimum of 90% of the gasket is touching at all locations. Can't imagine it will be a problem.

Dry run is humming along pretty well. A little more difficult to run at low temps, but I was expecting that.

Back