Turn-In Morning Breakfast...

M

Matt_A

Would you opt-in or opt-out of a free, freshly cooked, delivered, turn-in day breakfast?

If you'd opt in, what would you like to have?

Would you like to be able to pre-order at the cook's meeting, or trust the chef to give you a decent breakfast?

You would want to opt out of this free delivered breakfast :crazy:?? Of course some folks do make their own or don't eat a lot of breakfast.

But hell yes I would opt in. At last week's competition they actually did deliver breakfast/coffee at 7:30am turn in day. They told us they would be coming around at the cooks meeting. They had sausage biscuits that were ok, but also this cinnamon bread a local ladies chapter (i think) made and it was awesome! Delivered was nice, but I would have like coffee about 5am that I could just go grab myself :p.

So maybe the perfect scenario for me would be have coffee setup somewhere stationary and then deliver food later and keep the stationary place for those who might not want food when it comes around. Everyone is a little different though. And honestly it isn't hard to walk somewhere for food in the morning when things are "slower".

One of my favorite competitions was the Illinois State BBQ Championship in Shannon, IL. One of the highlights was the biscuits and gravy (and donuts) for breakfast!

Delivery is nice, but not necessary, but breakfast is a nice touch.

I personally like the muffin/donut/juice route. Coffee is nice if Ron is not around :p
Just make sure you have enough or enough ready, been to many contests where they ran out before everyone got some and/or they did not have enough ready.
Look around......we are big eaters!!!

Of course i would say opt in, even if I dont eat breakfast. My wife does. And as for what to have I say, and I dont want to be crude here, but maybe something lighter. You wouldnt want something heavy then say around 11 ish nature calls.

we have a local orginizer and vender(smokin dudes) that do's a full breakfast at his contest, always great food and free.

smoked beef tenderloin, bacon/onion strata, B&G. That's what I used to cook for my team when it was more than just me. Of course Dana and Janet put on a pretty great feed at most FBA events they attend with other teams contributing.

But as that's not probably in your budget how about bacon, sausage (spicy), eggs, potatoes and of course B&G. And if they know how to make good grits well then adding grits is a huge plus. And maybe som hot Krispy Kremes. Coffee not needed for me as my first pot starts at 5 am when I wake up and I'm on the second by 7.

I'm in...always! :becky: One of our fellow PNWBA comp teams and good friends (Piggy D's BBQ) cook biscuits and gravy on turn-in mornings...goes great with the Jack shot! :cool:

I think your gonna get overwhelmed with a special order breakfast. A nice buffet from say 7-9 is sufficient. Eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, sausage gravy, scrapple . New holland pa has fresh coffee available all night

Opt in! A buffet is very nice, but so are just some hot biscuits. In Tryone, NC this year, they had Waffle House come in and serve us a buffet breakfast.

I think your gonna get overwhelmed with a special order breakfast. A nice buffet from say 7-9 is sufficient. Eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, sausage gravy, scrapple . New holland pa has fresh coffee available all night
Well, the ordering wouldn't be a free-for-all-whatever-comes-to-mind :shocked:... just like a restaurant, a proper menu is limited. :hand: Of course a breakfast buffet is also doable. :-D

Opt In!! After being up all night, a nice breakfast is great. Having it delivered is even better. Depending on when a comp has breakfast, I may be in the middle of doing something and can't go get it. If it is delivered, I can have it as soon as I am done. I would keep it a set menu though. Maybe scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits and gravy and coffee.

I seen some that the local church, or whatever local club, does a fund raiser using B&G, or pancakes, ect. I love that idea.

I seen some that the local church, or whatever local club, does a fund raiser using B&G, or pancakes, ect. I love that idea.

That's what Princeton, WI used to do... The local football/wrestling team supporters would do up a breakfast for $5. It was a nice break, decent food, and a chance to walk around a bit prior to Chicken...

Opt in for sure! It's always a nice perk if breakfast comes with a comp. As others have said, I wouldn't bother with delivery. Most places we've been to that do this have it set up in the judges tent, well before the judges arrive

Back