wood score

bbq ron

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
scored a full pickup load of peach wood for $80 bucks, and was wondering was it worth it. :p:p

It is only worth what someone will pay.If you are going to use it than it's a score.

I would say yes especially if it is dried and split. Good for you. Vince

Never burned peach but I read somewhere that dried peach was bitter and it needed to be burned green. I have no idea if that is correct but mabe someone else who has used it will post. I would like to know myself.

it is not really bitter when it is dry, but it is just wood if it is dry. All the juice that gives it the flavor are not there anymore.

That is a great deal!

I have burned dry peach without any odd smells or flavors. Do you have any pieces that are showing you all the nice crusty sap? Those are my favorite.

ship me a couple logs, please! We can't get that stuff here in FL :/

I don't even think I could score orange wood

Never burned peach but I read somewhere that dried peach was bitter and it needed to be burned green. I have no idea if that is correct but mabe someone else who has used it will post. I would like to know myself.
There is more of a difference in aged/green peach than alot of other woods ive used. Mainly its in the style you use it. If you are throwing fresh wood into you smoker it is noticable. If you are burning it and shoveling the coals into your smoker then press on you wont notice.

Peach is a mild, and subtle smoke, if your slather a rediculous amount of dry rub, or thick sweet sauces on your meat, you wont notice.

Do you have any pieces that are showing you all the nice crusty sap? Those are my favorite.
Good for seasoning the smoker with. But i wouldnt pick all the sappy ones for your smokin session. I dont want tar on the meat.

Ron:

It depends on what the alternatives cost for an equivalent amount and how it is split..

Sounds like a deal to me. I just ordered some chunks off line and damn near paid what you are paying.:shock:

Thats a good deal. I smoke with peach all the time. Great stuff.

Back