I think I'm Cracking up!

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Un packed my Vision Kamado the other day to find a few things had gone wrong during the move. The firebox/bowl was in two pieces.

But I had ribs to cook and I would not be denied! After cleaning everything the best I could, I placed the two broken pieces back into the cooker and shimmed them with some terra cotta pots schards I broke up.

And got on the business end of the cooker!

My defuser broke before I moved and I kind of like it this way because I can use it either whole or in half for more flexibility.

Meanwhile back in the kitchen to prep my ribs.

I am a fan of the silverskin off league.

Then I rubbed them down lightly with Sesame Oil.

A fine dusting of Bovine Bold Rub

After resting a little time to go outside and get this show on the road!

I'll check back later, before dinner. Happy Sunday to y'all

Jed

Every time the military moved me, they broke something valuable. Now I'm sure you'll claim it against the movers but they always low balled me on their projected price value. I starts moving stuff myself after the second time. Seeing how yours is a lot more complicated of a move i hope it works out, but at least in the mean time you'll be eating some good looking ribs!

Every time the military moved me, they broke something valuable. Now I'm sure you'll claim it against the movers but they always low balled me on their projected price value. I starts moving stuff myself after the second time. Seeing how yours is a lot more complicated of a move i hope it works out, but at least in the mean time you'll be eating some good looking ribs!
Yeah, I wont be making a claim. I have a $500.00 deductible and of all the things they moved without a problem, I am gonna take this one on the chin!

Well that is crappy but it seems everything is still useable. Not the same as 100% but crap happens and we move on.

WOW That is a shame Jed Glad you were able to put it back together Ribs looking nice I belive swamprb has a thread about repairing that

WOW That is a shame Jed Glad you were able to put it back together Ribs looking nice I belive swamprb has a thread about repairing that
Thanks George, it will work for now but there are horizontal fractures as well. Vision has great customer service and I will order a new one one soon. Hope things are improving in your world!
Jed

That's OK. Those ribs will still be outstanding!

Your busted Jed, Charred Apron, Home Truckin, or what ever you call yourself today - You are really MacGyver !!!! You can't fool us (anymore)

images
images

:attention::spy::spy::spy:

Wrapped and resting inside and now for the Mac-n-cheese with Roquefort, Gouda, & Emmanthal.

Looks like an early supper today!

I think the UFO is gonna start to get jealous! Lookin' good so far!

What kinds of woods are you smoking with over there? I assume oak, apple, pear, grape is probably easy to find.

Un packed my Vision Kamado the other day to find a few things had gone wrong during the move. The firebox/bowl was in two pieces.

But I had ribs to cook and I would not be denied! After cleaning everything the best I could, I placed the two broken pieces back into the cooker and shimmed them with some terra cotta pots schards I broke up.

And got on the business end of the cooker!

My defuser broke before I moved and I kind of like it this way because I can use it either whole or in half for more flexibility.

Meanwhile back in the kitchen to prep my ribs.

I am a fan of the silverskin off league.

Then I rubbed them down lightly with Sesame Oil.

A fine dusting of Bovine Bold Rub

After resting a little time to go outside and get this show on the road!

I'll check back later, before dinner. Happy Sunday to y'all

Jed
Wondering in JB Weld or another high temp product could be used to mend this? I guess I would question fumes?

Looks like new gaskets are in order ... you must use that bad boy a lot !!

Good recovery and the ribs look great.

Wondering if JB Weld or other high temp product could be used to repair this, or would fumes be as issue?

You must use that bad boy a lot as it looks like your gaskets are toast.

Great repair recovery and good looking ribs.

I like your attitude Jed. Better the firebox and the stone in half than the vessel itself. Nice way to improvise. Food is looking good.

Jed, looks like a pretty good patch to keep the Kamado rockin. Those look like some really jice ribs, of course the cook but I mean they look really meaty before you got started. I'd be interested in your impressions of how you think things are better, worse or just different as you but product. I've already shared the shot of your chicken breast & leg cut with my butcher friend so he can cut me some the next time I do bird.

Jed, looks like a pretty good patch to keep the Kamado rockin. Those look like some really jice ribs, of course the cook but I mean they look really meaty before you got started. I'd be interested in your impressions of how you think things are better, worse or just different as you but product. I've already shared the shot of your chicken breast & leg cut with my butcher friend so he can cut me some the next time I do bird.
Hey Dave, Gotta whole new learning curve to deal with here. The ribs were from a very young hog so there was very little meat on the ribs. Ultra lean and hot and fast was not ideal. I have another source that I will try next. Looking for a bigger, fatter, Sow. Had some chops last week from my intended source and Thalia claimed they were the best chops she has ever had in her life! I am thinking this is where I want my nexy rack of ribs to come from! I will keep you posted!
Jed

Back