Food Humor with Turkeyloaf PrOn

beercuer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm hoping to give some of you a little laugh, though I imagine some of you will also find this post rather repugnant. I guess it is what it is, as the saying goes.

I was given a castiron meatloaf/bread pan. Ordinarily, I cue my loaf without a pan, but wanted to give it a try, and I find turkey to be a little trickier than ground beef. Here is the loaf packed into the pan:

turkeyloaf_panned_zps1382d6fd.jpg

... And on to the grill to start-- going indirect with a good pouch of hickory chips to give it that nice smokey flavor.

turkeyloaf_start_zpsfab2de9d.jpg

About an hour and a half later, it is cooked:

turkeyloaf_finished_zps43f2ad53.jpg

I am so fond of comfort food, so I plated it with mashed potatoes and beans. But nothing floats my boat with a meal like this than globs of gravy. Following now are two pics-- brace yourself for the second one...

turkeyloaf_plated1_zpsfc5365ff.jpg

Oh silly me just wanted to have some fun. Some folks have told me it looks like I melted some Smurfs!

turkeyloaf_plated2_zps7ba0f1fd.jpg

Seriously, what part of that was supposed to be repugnant?:confused: That looked great!:hungry:

Now, if you did something stupid crazy like making a meatloaf out of McRib sandwiches or something, well...

But we all know THAT would never happen (thank goodness)!:pray:

The recipe for the turkey loaf.

Certainly, Smokemaster1 :-D

List of ingredients:

2 lbs. ground turkey (in this case, 85/15 lean)
2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finally chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup whole milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons fine ground pepper
1/2 teaspoons celery seed

Simply combine and mix ingredients very well, then form loaf or pack into pan. Recommend working the turkey in last.

Recipe is quite versatile in that you can add or substitute other veggies or herbs/spices that you prefer.

Seriously, what part of that was supposed to be repugnant?:confused: That looked great!:hungry:

Now, if you did something stupid crazy like making a meatloaf out of McRib sandwiches or something, well...

But we all know THAT would never happen (thank goodness)!:pray:

Thank you kindly, Chris! I met with some negative reaction elsewhere who thought I ruined the meal with the "Smurf" gravy, even though the color does not effect the taste. I can say that this forum has an expanded sense of humor and fun.

Now I wonder if the other folk drink green beer on St. Patrick's Day?

You know what? The first time I opened this thread, I guess that last pic with the "Smurf Gravy" did not load, because I never saw it. So all I could figure was that you were referring to what *I* saw as the last pic, which was a plate of turkey meatloaf. I assumed it was the idea of turkey meatloaf that people were supposed to be grossed out about.

Now that I see that blue gravy...well...I LOVE IT!:love:

It does look quite creepy though.:wacko: MY kids would go apechit for that. We've done similar things. In those cases, the appearance doesn't matter, it's how well it was made!:becky::thumb:

Back