Grill Grates

QueNivorous

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Have any of you tried Grill Grates? They make them sound great but they are a bit pricy for larger gas grills. They claim to prevent flareups. Any feedback?

I have them... love them. Just difficult to keep clean but if you have a gasser, they offer kick ass searing. See below.

Attachments

• grates .jpg
    grates .jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 298
These are a tool that look like they do exactly what they promise to do. I am very interested in purchasing a couple sets of these for when I start competing after graduation from school. When they have the steak cook-offs they would make a beautiful cut of meat even more beautiful!!

All the pictures I've seen, such as the one above, show really attractive grill marks, but I don't see great searing. In fact the meat between the grill marks often looks rather grey.

Can someone who owns these comment on the quality of the sear on parts not directly touching the rails? I like browning on the entire surface, in addition to the grill marks.

Thanks!
T

Great tool prevents flare ups killer grill marks.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

I saw them demonstrated at a class I took with Smoke On Wheels and they really worked as advertized. :cool: I plan on getting some.

I have been using mine for a few months now and yes, they work as advertised.

I was very skeptical about them and thought they were for people who can't control their fire. When I finally used them after a year, I regretted waiting so long. (http://www.nibblemethis.com/2011/06/grillgrates-open-letter-to-brad-barrett.html)

I have one two plate set that I use on my two Green Eggs and my Smoke Hollow gas grill/coal grill/smoker unit. They give great sear marks, make it easy to cook delicate foods, and yes, they control flare ups quite well.

They are fussy to clean sometimes but it's not too bad.

BUMP. . . .Interesting question, anybody else have these?

All the pictures I've seen, such as the one above, show really attractive grill marks, but I don't see great searing. In fact the meat between the grill marks often looks rather grey.

Can someone who owns these comment on the quality of the sear on parts not directly touching the rails? I like browning on the entire surface, in addition to the grill marks.

Thanks!
T

Back