Happiness is...n't!

PappaOscar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The shock and awe, AND disbelief I witnessed this morning was mortifying.
After a grueling 9hr brisket(9.5lb flat) cook with all the sides, countless beers and careful dedication to keeps the temps spot on, I awoke this morning to find no one put the leftovers away...GASP!!!
I am so bummed. Was looking forward to making briskie sammys to share with my cohorts at work. Looks like its back to Raman noodle today.

How many of my fellow brethen have done this faux pas?

I woke to something similar today but it was a whole fridge of stuff...

Sorry for your loss!

I woke to something similar today but it was a whole fridge of stuff...

ha! the wound is mad salty now :wink:

that sucks tho, obviously. effort and money aside...eating brisket is better than most things on a day.

Happened to me a couple weeks ago. Wife put the meat in the oven (off) so the dog would not get to it while we cleaned up everything else. Forgot about it and woke up the next morning and remembered.

The trick is learning the lesson once....
Been there... left it out too.

Guilty more than once--in my 55 years of BBQ'ing. Still hurts.

I haven't done it with BBQ, but I forgot to put away a whole pot of chili once.

Once is the key :-D

I probably have, I don't remember.

Amazingly, my dad would leave stuff out, then eat it the next day. And he never got food poisoning, it was amazing

When I could still eat pizza I would get a little ticked if you put the left overs in the fridge...makes it get stiff and funky.

It's good to be carefull but I'd be sniffing the brisket leftovers and making a call.

Wife leaves food out all the time. It's the Korean in her. Some things I can handle, but there is no way I am touching seafood that has been on the counter overnight...

I'm with MartinM on this. I would be giving it the old sniff and taste test. It was after all smoked and well cooked for several hours. Just shy of jerky.

Have a Blessed day anyway!

Omar

Been there...Done that. Wouldn't be so quick to dump the brisket though...smoking was a means of preserving food back in the day. If jerky lasts forever, I'm sure brisket can survive 1 day?!?

Thanks for the condolences guys. I had food poisoning once in my lifetime and I sure don't want it again, let alone passing it along to the guys at work. This will NOT happen again... I hope.

I would go the chili route, can't be anything on there that 3 or 4 hours boiling won't fix.

Back