"Happy Phriday Pharkers, what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Doing a practice run on a turkey....started the brine last night.

I've got a big cook tomorrow for my kid's birthday party:
4 butts
1 brisket
6 St. Louis racks
4 chickens
ABTs
Stuffed shrimp
Fatty for breakfast
Dogs & sausages for the kiddos

Can't wait to fire up the Shirley!

Beef Ribs, a Pork Shoulder and a Pork Belly (Pitmaster X Style) on Grills\Smokers

Mac and Cheese and Buttermilk Biscuits in the oven.

Picked up some chicken seasoned and whole at HEB along with beef ribs and a fatty for my maiden voyage on my new offset, Old Country Wrangler, from Academy, I will post on this later. Been seasoning it up all week and built a charcoal basket too. Come on tomorrow!!

I have the day off - woo hoo! I'm going to cook up some short ribs Texas style as a test. I'm going to cook six of them with a seasoning of kosher salt, coarse pepper, granulated garlic, and onion powder. I'm also going to cook three more just with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper - just like if I was seasoning them for braising in wine. I want to find out once and for all which flavour my family likes the best!

Going to try my first turkey on the uds. Had a turkey breast in the freezer and figured that's good enough to learn on. Never tried a fatty so I'm thinking about throwing one on as well. Just need to decide what to stuff it with. Leaning towards onions and mushrooms?

beef

My version of Philly Steak and cheese.

Attachments

• 20131025_180756.jpg
    20131025_180756.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20131025_181238.jpg
    20131025_181238.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20131025_181344.jpg
    20131025_181344.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
I haven't started yet, but I am having a halloween party tonight and am going to smoke some bratwurst on the Traeger, then grill up some burgers and dogs. Nothing super special so I will probably save you guys some silly photos to look at.

putting a shoulder on in the AM to make some pulled pork. Was thinking of putting the pork in a crockpot with some homemade sauce after the smoke to get it more juicy. Making some homemade slaw to go on top of it.

One spatchcocked chicken and a slew of wings just finishing up on a UDS! Just a few min from discovering the true funck of the butt glitter - sister dredge combo!

Back