ABT question

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
How do you guys clean out the japs for ABT's without cutting them in half?

I use a vegetable peeler. It works, but I can think of a better design.

I just cut off the top a bit and use a potato peeler to scoop out the seeds and pulp.

I just cut the top, use the skinny side of a spoon and scoop most of it out, I like to leave just a little for me and I do make sure its all scooped out for the rest of the family, ( i also rinse them to make sure!) put in cream cheese, or mixed cheese, wrap with bacon, and spash some rub on them. Yummo!

BTW, I would wear gloves when doing this, just a little juice will get into you eye somehow,,,,,

Michael
124 traeger
WSM
cheapo offset

I use a plastic spoon to scrape them out. I find it bends somewhat and works better than a metal one and the edge is a bit sharper.

Potato peeler works well for me. I push it down each one of the veins and then run it around on the inside. Most times I can get it all pretty quickly.

They sell specialty jap corers but I use an apple corer. It makes fast work of them. I could dull the pointy tip but it sometimes pokes a little hole in the bottom to assist with draining extra grease/water.

Larry, i like that Chile Twister you posted. Might get my son one since he's been doing the prep on ABTs for me. We've always used the potato peeler here but he likes gadgets.

Back