Allright all you other caterers......

Congrats brother!!

Now get cookin! :cool:

Now I just have to cook and serve 60 steam pans of food, plus dessert!

I'm thinking 100#'s of each meat (Brisket and Chicken Cacciatore), and 10 pans of each veggie (Honey Glazed Carrots and Country Green Beans), 10 pans of Fettucini Alfredo and 10 pans of Smashed potatoes. 20 Pans of tossed salad.

Now I just have to cook and serve 60 steam pans of food, plus dessert!

I'm thinking 100#'s of each meat (Brisket and Chicken Cacciatore), and 10 pans of each veggie (Honey Glazed Carrots and Country Green Beans), 10 pans of Fettucini Alfredo and 10 pans of Smashed potatoes. 20 Pans of tossed salad.

Whaaaa whhooooo, gratz brotha on getting the gig. Thats a ton of food... You need to buy stock in disposable hotel pans. :wink:

Wow...you're gonna need more than that truck of yours at RD!

Congrats. That's awesome.

WOW! Congratulations and good job!!! I am sure the event will be a huge success :grin:

catering for 600

Thats a lot of work my friend, 2K in the pocket isn't much money for the work involved!

Well it's over and I'm waiting the photos from my niece. But, we've got the math done. Just shy of $3k profit.

Well done brother... 3k profit is outstanding. How many hours do you think you have it the whole process? Not cook time, but actual hands on working.
When we do a large events I alway get nervous when the line starts to form... Same thing goes through my head every time.... Oh boy, did I bring enough? I can't imagine doing 600 people.

Well done brother... 3k profit is outstanding. How many hours do you think you have it the whole process? Not cook time, but actual hands on working.
When we do a large events I alway get nervous when the line starts to form... Same thing goes through my head every time.... Oh boy, did I bring enough? I can't imagine doing 600 people.

47 hours total. I have the same thoughts. We had exactly 1/2 pan of brisket left, and 2/3 pan of chicken cacciatore. Ran a little longer on sides - 2 pans of salad left, 1 pan of twice baked potato casserole, 1/2 pan of carrots, 1 pan of green beans, 1 pan of fettucini alfredo and maybe 80 servings of cobbler.

Worked out fine, as i'd rather be a little long than a hair short.

BTW - Started with 120#'s of boneless thighs, and took 150#'s of brisket.

Back