Something New

Smokinwright

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, believe it or not, having a side bbq business burns you out of smoked food.

Looking for something new. I have a whole chicken thawed out, thinking something along the lines of a tex mex type of dish.

Any thoughts?

Well, believe it or not, having a side bbq business burns you out of smoked food.

Looking for something new. I have a whole chicken thawed out, thinking something along the lines of a tex mex type of dish.

Any thoughts?
Say WHAT???

Smoked chicken tortilla soup, smoked chicken enchiladas, smoked chicken chile rellenos...

Just get creative with it and use the smoked meat IN something.

It's not so much me, but the wife. Said she doubts she could handle smoked flavor for awhile. We cook 4 times a week, and most of the time, I just send home a bag of pulled pork, loin, chicken, brisket, or prime rib for supper for her and the kids. She's wanting a night off. Also have 4, 10 lb pork butts already cooked and vac packed in the freezer, along with 2 vac packs of smoked chicken.

I make grilled chicken pasta quite frequently. If you dont want to grill it, you could boil it, then pull the meat from the bone. Or you could roast it and then pull it from the bone.

Pasta of your choice, alfredo sauce, chicken

Or you could do chicken fried rice.

Chicken stir fry

Brined, spatched & grilled over charcoal. Let cool, shred & use for any Tex-Mex dish you want.

Whole Deep Fried.

Those are good!! We cooked 6 of them for a small get together 2weeks ago.

Doing a chillie rub chicken baked in the oven, going to pull it when done, mix with a hatch chillie mole celantro mix, serve on fried tortillas .

Wow my spelling is horrible on an iPad .

First time using this thing.

I love using the turkey fryer for cooking whole chickens...done in less than 25 min.

Mix the smoked chicken into cornbread and serve with beans.

skin and debone all the meat. then cook w/some southwest spices to make fajitas.

Wife just made some killer chicken salad.
Celery
Pulverized Almonds
Sweet Relish
Miracle Whip
Pepper
Chicken
Was legit!

Cacciatore? Little onion, peppers, mushrooms etc.

Back