Big Farkin Buritto NON Throwdown Entry..Pr0n

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Had a bunch of tortilla's left over from last nights TD entry so I had to attempt to make another Burrito.

Diced up a fresh Mango.

Did the same with a red onion.

Sliced some Jalapenos razor thin and then diced

Mixed them all together with Lemon juice, honey, cilantro, salt, black pepper, cubed cucumber and some cayenne pepper.

Grabbed a fresh piece of Dolphin, rubbed it with Paul Prudhommes Red Fish Blackening rub and Olive Oil

Threw it on the cast iron griddle while I prepped up the Tortilla with some Monteray Jack Cheese

Topped that with some black beans and sour cream

Then a little slaw

Sliced up some of the Blackened Dolphin ( Mahi-Mahi not Flipper ) and added that to the mix finally topped it with the Mango Salsa and wrapped it up.

Final plate with the left over black beans and salsa as sides. Yumma Yumma, the flavor was out a sight! Bam

Thanks for lookin, enter a Throwdown Today!

My wife is 34 weeks pregnant and has meeting Mexican 3-4 times/week. I'll have to make the salsa for her. Thanks for the food pron :cool:

Me too, Chez Paul's is the best rub for it too!

I have not bought his rub, but I do use the recipe for it that he has in the "Lousiana Kitchen" cookbook. I wonder if they are exactly the same? Just might have to do a side by side comparison. :mrgreen:

I have not bought his rub, but I do use the recipe for it that he has in the "Lousiana Kitchen" cookbook. I wonder if they are exactly the same? Just might have to do a side by side comparison. :mrgreen:
I haven't seen the recipe, but I make Emerils "Bayou Blast" and have compared it to the store bought version and it's close enough. My paprika is a smoked Hungarian brand and it lends a little more flavor than the store bought variety. I like to be able to control the sodium levels and use natural sea salts.

The key to a good blackening is allowing the rubbed protein time to crust prior to applying scorching white hot heat.

Fantastic!

Never be afraid to get your CI screaming hot, I always say.:thumb:
Haven't been able to melt mine yet. I have blistered some pewter sizzle platters before. I used to love to use the platters, throw on some clarified butter and BAM but they continue to cook for too long. Start eating a perfect med rare and end up with a medium to med well in the end. Great sound effects though!

Back