Mandalay Bay KCBS Contest

DFLittle said:
I'm in. How many definites are there?

The Klose will be one heck of a checked bag!

Just in case, Nu-Temp or any other probe...with the rest of the bags down below, but don't be surprised if it raises a flag. Take your chances on a stylus for a PDA if it's in the cabin.

I am in. I can't help out a great deal financially, but will be able to pitch in some.

I do have the following that you guys are welcome to:

6.5x10 utility trailer
Heavy Offset Smoker
Bandera
WSM
Weber Performer (you would probably want to bring a regular kettle)
EZ-UP canapy
Fold up chairs
1 large fold up table, and a small one

I can bring a couple of fold-up tables, a cooler, Utensils, A small bullet type smoker and some chairs.

I will chip in on the entry fee and the meat.

I think theplan was for BigMOFO300lbs to ride up with me. Has anybody talked to him lately?

I'll fly to sacramento thursday and take johns trailer or someone from NoCal can drive it down.

Manday Bay

parrothead said:
I went out last year to check it out. Had a good time. Have to check the schedule.
It looks like this is set up in a parking lot,did you happen to notice if they allowed any RV's or 5th wheels to park at the site?

If In remember right from last year there were a few small campers scattered around. I guess as long as it fits inside your alotted space.

Re: Manday Bay

MrSmoker said:
parrothead said:
I went out last year to check it out. Had a good time. Have to check the schedule.
It looks like this is set up in a parking lot,did you happen to notice if they allowed any RV's or 5th wheels to park at the site?

According to the form, you can buy extraspace for RV's but you can only sleep in it on the night of the cook-off.

Sorry to chime in so late. Count on Hornbri and me.

Mista, sorry I have not gotten back to you, busy busy busy mod.

John, we should talk, Horn and I will be driving down and would be happy to have you, and your equipment along.

Now for the financial aspect, I will pitch in on the entry fee as well.

Mook,

Give me a call sometime, I definitly want to talk.

650-222-8516

Ok I am back from Ireland looks like this is bouncing from around still.

Who is in, by reviewing the list I see:
Me
Mook
MrSmoker
BBQChef
BigMista
BigMofo
John

I think we should just do one team, I dont need to cook, i think it will be fun to hang out and just drink beer.

If people want to send me a check for 50 bucks each, i will pitch in the extra 50 and send in the form this week.

Me and mook can get a trailer and pack up my truck for the weekend (john thats your ride :))

Sound good? Any objections?

If people want to send me a check for 50 bucks each, i will pitch in the extra 50 and send in the form this week.

Just wondering, if you send in the check and the forms, doesn't that make you the head cook? Don't know that you then could set back and observe. Jim?, BrooklynQ? Midnight? What's your opinion?

Umm i could walk the turn in boxes in or something...

Actually, i was thinking i would just list someone elses name down as head cook.

Trying to re-arrange schedule. I will come down to view, if possible for 1 day. don't think I could make both, unless I can convince wife that I am taking her away for romantic time together. "Hey Look there, must be something going on in that parking lot, lets go look." Think that may work.

The head cook is the point person for the team. There is no requirement for cooking time and no check to see if the head cook is actually cooking.

John, look for a phone call on Monday.

OK...a possibly stupid question but I am asking anyway.

Where are we going to sleep?

I know we will be sleeping outside by the smokers the night of the cookoff (which is allowed) but what about Thursday night and Saturday night? I know we will want to get there early to make sure we have everything we need. ANd I know no one is going to want to drive home on Saturday after the contest when we have been up most of the night before.

This will be Halloween weekend in Vegas. Room rates are thru the roof! Especially on that end of the strip.

Comments? Suggestions?

Back