• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WSM ash shovel

MStoney72

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just seen this on another site, I'm almost thinking I'm gonna have to tell the wifey that this is a must have, wink;;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I dump the bottom of my WSM in to a garbage can and wipe the ashes out with a 4" paint brush.

Last edited:
i normally don't like most of what weber comes out with but i think this will be a popular tool.

i normally don't like most of what weber comes out with but i think this will be a popular tool.

Yeah me to, but I was kinda thinking this might be really handy, especially when I'm using my old 3 three vent kettle grill

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I just pick up the bottom section and shake it out into a heavy duty trash bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for me but here it is... [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7471-Ash-Shovel/dp/B009IH0HYK/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1357530192&sr=1-1&keywords=weber+7471"]Amazon.com: Weber 7471 Ash Shovel: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I've used an old small fireplace shovel for a long time.
Works on everything except my UDS.
I use the shovel with an old whisk broom to clean the corners.
Works great.

I bought a narrow hoe with expandable handle that I use with paper towels to get the muck out of the UDS.
I have a Pizza pan on three inch bolts under my fire basket, that catches most of the ashes.

Just head over to the kiddie aisle at the local Wal-mart and pick up a plastic beach shovel, and it might even come with a color-coordinated bucket. Works great, and won't scratch the finish. The only problem is that it can be difficult to find a "manly" color.

Just head over to the kiddie aisle at the local Wal-mart and pick up a plastic beach shovel, and it might even come with a color-coordinated bucket. Works great, and won't scratch the finish. The only problem is that it can be difficult to find a "manly" color.

Good idea. You could also fashion one from an empty plastic jug , I bet.
16 bucks for a scoop to clean out your grill bottom? Come on!:crazy:

I just pick mine up and dump the ashes in a metal bucket.

I use the "dump ash into aluminum garbage can" mod.

Once the can is half full, I dump it into a large garbage bag. No need for shovels.

Coal catcher

I use this to dump coals from my WSM. Easy way to separate the coals from the ashes. I reuse the old coals for quick cooks like steaks or chops. Works great.

The large overweight black lab is my taste tester. She loves my smoker.

Attachments

• coals2 002.jpg
    coals2 002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 52
  • coals2 003.jpg
    coals2 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 52
  • coals2 004.jpg
    coals2 004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back