• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BGE Question?

TowersOfFood

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a XL Big Green Egg and what came in the box with yours. I want to make sure nothing is missing. I was told that it would come with for little ceramic legs for use with the pizza stone and etc.

Not sure about the XL. My large came with the little feet, but they were to separate the bottom of the egg and the wood table. I later bought 4 from the same dealer, who was dropping the BGE line in favor of the Sapphire version. Actually, he gave them to me:mrgreen:

My XL did not come with any feet. I opened all the box's and put the egg together myself.

the feet are to place the egg on for an air gap between the bottom and whatever it's sitting on; the use of the feet for spacers between the plate setter and pizza stone came later out of convenience, not design. It's my understanding that BGE never provided the feet with XL's as they are too big/heavy..., and it's further my understanding that BGE may be shipping all eggs now without the feet.

XL Eggs did not come with the ceramic feet as BGE did not want them used under the base of the XL Egg (too much unsupported area under the base). In the last year or so, BGE stopped providing the green feet on any sized Egg and introduced their table nest accessory for use under the Egg base.

You might check with your dealer and see if he has any feet left. Other options to create the air gap under a pizza stone or drip pan would be copper T's or elbows or large nuts from a hardware store. You could also ball up some foil.

Got my Egg in December. No feet came with it. But they do package em to the buyer's preference a lot of times, so it kind of depends on the the purchaser says he or she wants. What's a Sapphire?

Another Farker says: Other options to create the air gap under a pizza stone or drip pan would be copper T's or elbows or large nuts from a hardware store. You could also ball up some foil.

Copper in the cooker ..... it's up for discussion, but I was under the belief that copper oxide does NOT add to the nutritional value of the food. It may be the opposite! Brethren... what do you think?

agree with Mtbchip and the foilidea - roll up some aluminum foil into slightly larger than golf size balls, that will support the pizza stone on the platesetter to avoid any burning because it will allow airflow between the two pieces of ceramic

and the cost is pretty much free and its disposable or re-usable as well.

Another Farker says: Other options to create the air gap under a pizza stone or drip pan would be copper T's or elbows or large nuts from a hardware store. You could also ball up some foil.

Copper in the cooker ..... it's up for discussion, but I was under the belief that copper oxide does NOT add to the nutritional value of the food. It may be the opposite! Brethren... what do you think?

sounds great aluminum foil it is. I used the grill grate in between this time, but i felt it needed more space. thanks again guys.

Back