• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jambo clone

Carolina gamecock

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm looking into making a Jambo clone and I needed to know if anyone out there that has one can tell me the dimensions on the air intake on the firebox? I'm looking at the version that is fixed at a certain gap, not the boiler door type. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure what you are wanting to "clone' here.

I have had the pleasure of cooking on a Jambo and have stated that "If I was ever FORCED to go back to stick burning--it would be on a Jambo" 8)

But, it is basically an offset stick burner with an incredible level of craftsmanship for fit and finish!
A work of art, to me.

Yes, Jamie controls temps (for the most part) with the exhaust.
You could do the same thing with a standard "variable" intake area and go from there. Just find an intake setting you like and play with the exhaust if that is what you are looking for.
The temps in the cook chamber are nothing unusual--hotter next to the firebox and cooler at the exhaust end.

Insulated fireboxes (not unique to Jambos) rock and really help with temp stability and fuel usage.

Good luck in whatever you are looking for.

TIM

I was talking about the standard firebox door like what's on the Jambo website. Not the fancy Johnny trigg, tuffy stone $900 door.

I agree with the captain. The fixed intake obviously works, but why limit yourself when building a prototype. Which is what you are doing.

No matter how close you get to the original, your mileage WILL vary.

That is true. Better to have adjustment and not need it than need it and not have it. Thanks!!

Why reinvent the wheel? It's a great simple design and proven. How many of us have cloned a WSM? Aka ugly drum smoker? If it works, use it. I'm not gonna be mass producing them.

you can still adjust the air intake on a jambo the bolts are spring loaded u can open them wider or screw them all the way down, u don't need to move it but you can if u whant

Back