Contest Results Que and Cruz July 17/18 2009

Diva Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Woot! What a fun comp this was. We were in between Dizzy Pig and Big Ugly's BBQ ! Terrific weekend for us for sure!
Congratulations to Dizzy Pig and VA Pirates for the RGC and also congrats to all that got calls.
HEre are the top 10's (54 teams total)
Overall
1. Dizzy Pig
2. Virginia BB Pirates
3. Tarheel Smokers BBQ
4. Diva Q
5. Chekered Pig
6. 3 Eyz BBQ
7. P and D's BBQ
8. Cool SMoke
9. Wood Chix
10. Pork and Deans BBQ team

Chicken
1. Black Cat BBQ
2. Big Ugly's BBQ
3. Cool Smoke
4. P and D's BBQ
5. Hogback Mountain BBQ
6. Big C's Stew and Que
7. Just Smokin around
8. Lucky Dog
9. Tarheel Smokers
10. Crazy Rednecks BBQ

RIbs
1. Dizzy Pig
2. The Professor an Maryann
3. Checkered Pig
4. 3 Eyz BBQ
5. The Pigs Ear
6. Pork and Deans
7. Acme Brothers BBQ
8. Hogback Mtn BBQ
9. Diva Q
10. Get Hooked BBQ

Pork
1. Tarheel BB
2. Can't Stop Grillin
3. Diva Q
4. Virginia BBQ Pirates
5. Pigs on the Run
6. Widesread BBQ
7. Hambones by the fire
8. P an D's BBQ
9. Wood Chix
10. Old Dominion Smokehouse

Brisket
1. Buckner Brothers BBQ
2. Dizzy Pig
3. Virginia BBQ Pirates
4. Wood Chix
5. Checkered Pig
6. Texas Ribs and BBQ
7. Chads Dads BBQ
8. Swine Not
9. Old Dominion Smokehouse
10. Momm's famous cooking teas

Dessert
1. Andy's Old Coot Cafe
2. Serial Grillers

Anythin Butt
1. Diva Q (180)
2. Can't Stop Grilling

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to the Dizzy gang, the Pirtates, and everyone that walked. Big Congrats to Diva Q for the 180 in AB.

Congrats to all who walked!

I highlighted the Brethren teams. If I missed someone please let me know.

Great weekend, Bill Small ran a great contest once again. It felt great to finally get a couple calls.

Nice job on the calls Ruben and was good seeing yall as usual.

You're not kidding! Bill has really stepped up and shown he wants to make Que and Cruz a premier event, and man did he ever pull it off. We had the weather to boot. Hot and humid Friday, and a few little showers, but Saturday was absolutely perfect. They even served breakfast this morning for those who stayed over (quite a few).

Great Job Tom, Cristy, Dan and Jason, Diva and all the other walking brethren!
Thanks yall! We are floored. Truly feels like the first time.
Chris

Congrats Chris and crew!
Nice job to everyone else called.

Congrat's to Dizzy Pig and everyone that got called!!! Here are some pics that I took...

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 113
It was our first competition. Must say thanks to all of you old bbqing salts that answered our questions all week-end.....mac andy's old coot cafe

Great contest -- I judged, and I have to say I was jealous of the teams competing -- you could tell this is a quality event. May have to compete next year. Bill is a class guy who clearly gave his all to the event.

Congrats to all the Brethren who got calls!

Just got home and finished unpacking. What a great comp, Bill did a great job of putting it together!
Congrats to Dizzy Pig, the Pirates, and everyone that walked. Looking forward to competing at this one again next year!

Congrats to everyone that got calls. Way to go.

BTW: Tarheel is a member here... could an admin 'BOLD' his name?

Thanks for the Brethren teams who came. I'll hold your spots for next year. It was a great time and its because of the best teams on the circuit was here at Que and Cruz from the top scoring teams to the first time teams. You guys ROCK.

I cant say enough about Bill Small, his family and crew for all the quality, hard work they have done. Thanks so much for everything.

To Chris and the Dizzy gang: What else can I say -- You guys ROCK!

Tom & Christy of the Pirates: big-time congrats on your Reserve. Great job. And thanks for hosting the spaghetti social Sat night. My little girl loved the watermelon.

Dan, Mark Harris, Diva, Hog Back: Congrats!

Jon of Widespread, it was nice meeting you and your family. Same goes for the Hog Back gang.

On a personal note, I would like to say that Cat Sass is pleased with a 16th place overall against 54 teams. This was our 2nd contest. All of our scores were very consistent so we were pleased that we weren't all over the board. It was a good performance but we have a long ways to go.

Diva, where's that sweet charcoal you told me about??!! :wink:

Bill did a outstanding job again this year. Congrats to Chris, Tom & Christy on the last two calls of the day. Great job guys.

Roy & Gay:-D

Brauma

I am so sorry forgot to leave you some charcoal. I have no doubt on the BBQ trail we will meet up again.

Congrats Chris and DP on GC, and all the other Brethren winners!

Bill Small and his entire family are the best. What a great time, and very well managed event. Put us next to Dizzy Pig again next year! I want some of there skill to "RUB" off, pun intended!

Brauma

I am so sorry forgot to leave you some charcoal. I have no doubt on the BBQ trail we will meet up again.

Sorry, I had to give you a hard time. I know you were very busy walking up to the stage! :lol: Great job this wknd. I hope we meet again too. Our girls seemed to get along well.

Back