Pastrami PRON

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Won't be home tomorrow, so smoked a pastrami today to make up for no corned beef. Pictures of the MOINK balls have already been posted, so you'll have to make do with only a couple of pics...

Surrounded by MOINK:
img_0301.jpg

Sliced and ready for sammies:
img_0305.jpg

Mmmm....looks tasty Zydecopaws!! Dibs on any leftovers. :)

Looks like the MOINK, built a little fort, around the pastrami. hehe :lol:

I plan to do my first Pastrami this weekend.

I will repeat Vinny's question, What temp did you take it to?

It averaged 165-170 in a number of different locations when poked with an Orange Thermapen. As tasty as it was the first night, it was even better after it sat overnight in the refrigerator and was carved up for sammies the next day.

Sorry about the delayed responses, I was on the road yesterday and didn't have a chance to respond...

Holy Carp!

Its Stonemoink, the fabled gathering place of those in the Que. A well respected group of people that insisted on using only RED Thermopens, at least as far as legend is concerned...:biggrin:

© 2009

Making corn beef now it in the frideg. What type of rub or spices you use and what temp did you take it to?

Holy Carp!

Its Stonemoink, the fabled gathering place of those in the Que. A well respected group of people that insisted on using only RED Thermopens, at least as far as legend is concerned...:biggrin:

© 2009

Dang good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this or I'd have to get a new monitor.

And that well respected group of people didn't seem to mind that I was using an ORANGE Thermapen once I told them I would share... :wink:

@Jestridge: It cooked for about 4 1/2 hours in a 22" WSM with a lid temp between 225-275. More details for this cook can be found on my blog.

Last edited:
Back