Burgers?

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So people what would be your favorite way to create tasty hamburgers?
I'm cooking for one of the soccer teams here next weekend and besides doing pork and brisket some of the adults may prefer hamburgers so I'm interested in your creations / ideas.

Let it get as wild as ya like.

You got access to Poblano peppers overe there?

If so, charr off the skin, split open and clean inside & out. What you're left with is a poblano fillet. When combined with cheddar, it is an outstanding hamburger topping. It can be combined with more traditional toppings such as tomato slices, lettuce, onions, pickels, etc.

I ran across a turkey burger that is served with a homemade poblano ketchup that I would put up against any beef hamburger any day. We serve it on a nice hard roll and it is awesome. I will have to get the recipe for you if you want it just let me know.

I like to place a thin slice of onion and cheese in the center with a small amount of seasoned salt in it for seasoning.

I like my burgers big and messy.

Double ground brisket scraps...
1.jpg

Add chopped onions and ranch seasoning to the grind along with Daddy Hinkles on the outside...

3.jpg

Complete with cheese, toasted buns, and condiments...

4.jpg

Here's how I like 'em. Ground chuck, american cheese, home made onion rings. Nothin' else.

stormgrub003.jpg

stormgrub004.jpg

This is going out in our newsletter tomorrow.

Burger Cordon Bleu
This recipe is for one burger. Just multply for the number of burgers that you want to prepare. You can also easily adjust the size of the burger.

1/2 lb Certified Angus Beef burger meat
1/2 slice Boar's Head brand tavern ham
1/2 slice Boar's Head brand baby swiss cheese
Sepearte the beef into 2 equal portions and make 2 thin patties
Place the ham and swiss onto one patty so that it fits inside with at least a half an inch of exposed burger all the way around the edge. Place the other patty on top of the first patty making sure to seal the two together. Lightly salt and pepper to taste and grill as you would a half pound burger.

Obvoiusly the brands wouldn't matter, but that is what we sell in the store so that is what I put in the recipe.

Oh yes keep the ideas coming .

I'll have a look for that pepper tomorrow.

I like to make burgers with jalapeños in them...the stuff in the can. Open the can dump into your ground meat of choice and grill as normal.

A package of onion soup mix in the meat makes a mighty fine burger.

Sometimes, if I know the meat is going to be great, simply meat (medium) a slightly toasted bun and cheddar cheese.

I do like blue cheese on a burger also.

BRISKET BURGER MEAT! :cool:
Just grind that puppy up with all the fat included.

A whole new dimension to the burger flavor--actually tastes like beef :-D

TIM

Gravy braised hamburger steak with mushrooms, garlic, and onions. No reason it couldn't be served on a bun.

1.jpg

I mix salsa in mine. mild for kids hot for me. not only do you get a nice flaver but you get the peppers and onions inside.

I like to chop up a couple of chipotle's with adobo sauce, remove the seeds before chopping, add a tablespoon or so of minced red onion and mix it up with your ground beef.

Garlic, 80-85% burger, Garlic, Grilled Onions and Mushrooms, Pepper (fresh ground black)

Grill really fast only flip once. A hole in the middle (think doughnut) for the folks that like them well done.

Pepper Jack cheese for me Yellow for wife and kids.

Serve on scorched kiaser rolls.

Ground chuck (1/3 lb), a little onion powder. Pat it up, salt and pepper one side and then throw it on the grill (seasoned side down). Then salt and pepper the other side. Cook to your preference.

I usually tint in foil and let sit for atleast 10 minutes. Great juicy burger. I add nothing to it... just bread.

Back