View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #45
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Well, after looking at the piece after rubbing it with wood ash, I must admit, it looked very tasty. So yummy I'm surprised I didn't eat the piece of pork raw right there. Wait until you see the pic.

The meat is on! I got probably a little over a cup of cherry ash which was more than sufficient.

I took the other cryovac of butts to debone and quarter.

Here they are deboned and quartered. The 4 on the left will be the pieces I use in the oven, and the 4 on the right will be used in the WSM's for the plain pieces and the spritzed pieces.

I got the WSM's synchronized at 275 with Kingsford charcoal and cherry chunks, and set the gas oven for the same temp. For the pieces cooking in the oven, I took half-size aluminum pans and made a HD foil divider to keep two pieces seperately while they cook.

In ths picture are 2 of the oven pieces. The one on the right is the plain piece, and the one on the left has a rub of 1 tbsp Tenderquick.

In this picture are the other 2 oven pieces. The one on the right got a thin layer of liquid smoke and then a rub of 1 tbsp Tenderquick. I think you can guess what is on the one on the left. Doesn't it look yummy?

In this picture are the 6 pieces that went in the WSM with the water pan. On the top row from left to right are Plain, Spritzed, Brined. On the bottom row from left to right are Rubbed, Slather+Rub, Brine+Slather+Rub+Spritz.

And this last picture is the 6 pieces going in the WSM with the sand pan. On the top row from left to right are Plain, Spritzed, Brined. On the bottom row from left to right are Rubbed, Slather+Rub, Brine+Slather+Rub+Spritz.

I will begin spritzing the pieces that get spritz beginning at the 3 hour mark, and spritz them every 45 minutes with Members Mark Apple Juice.

More updates as I get them and can post them.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote