My New Stick Burner is Starting to Take Shape

It looks like a nice charcoal tray too if you want...

I lost count of the "Wow's" while I was looking at the pictures...
Beauty and the Beast...

Nice Job!

That is part of the plan. I have an expanded charcoal ring (14"X6" that fits perfect in the vertical to use that box as a standalone cooker or to just add a heat assist.

One thing I should add about the temps I am getting in the main is that I am flowing WFO to the vertical. If I had the vertical shut down (there is an adjustable damper to control how much air goes between the two chambers) I could run even hotter and longer in the main. The ash has pretty much all fallen through to the tray, and I am still running 194/198 in the vertical and 325/291 in the horizontal with no damper adjustments during the burn.

Holy chit, that is an Awsome heavy metal cooker and i mean Awsome with a cap "A"! You and AJ should be very proud of the design and the execution. If you get a chance I would be interested in what kind of paint he used?

Edit: PS: it looks like that poor little Weber is a little bent out of shape:heh:

The Weber is OK. Gusty winds and a cheep cover will make you look a little twisted. :wink:

What a great cooker. That thing is a tank. AJ does good work. Congrats, can't wait to see what it does!

Have a 20 lb turkey in it today for its inaugural cook (Turkey? Yeah, I know... but didn't have a thawed packer and my wife told me I had to get my turkey out of the fridge so she could get her Thanksgiving bird in there. It is at 151 internal right now, so not much longer.

Awesome lookin cooker there :thumb:

Looking forward to the bird pr0n

Seriously, the best thing was that that beast of a bird fit on the top shelf. I was expecting to have to put it on the bottom and remove the top which would have put the drip pan in the channel and reduced flow. That semi-octagon design for the top half of the main chamber adds so much cooking space (front to back, and top to bottom) you don't realize it until you put something that large in it.

That's a pretty bird! Looks like USS Clyde is a cookin' fool! :thumb:

Thanks guys. Last two shots for this cook. I guess I'll have to start new threads for upcoming cooks. Today was really just part of the seasoning process. All but that one breast are getting frozen for future use. It was a great breast though. Even my wife admitted that she liked it and that the smoke (post oak) was great (she is not a charcoal fan).

Back