View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
If you're really worried, moving it is the only real solution.
You COULD spray the ground between the wood stack and the house, but ants and termites will likely tunnel anyway, so that won't really help much. This is why termite control injects the ground around the building foundation because bugs don't usually like light so they tunnel or even BUILD tunnels (termites do this).

Looks like you're in for some sweat soon.

Depending on how big the gap is between the house and stack, you COULD go to a home improvement store and get the "do it yourself termite kit" and apply as directed.
this is the setup

I have a garage with a cement floor and cinderblock walls.

That is attached to the breezeway, made out of cinderblock and brick. No wood

Then thats attached to the house. Same thing, all cinderblock and brick.

The wood is sitting on a tarp on the cement floor.

The only thing they could possibly get at is the ceiling in the garage. Which is what I am concerned about. I guess I could cover it tightly with a tarp to try to avoid them flying up to the ceiling. I dont know.

I will probably burn through this wood in a few weeks, I am not sure its worth the trouble trying to move it at this point, its already been there for a few months and no sign of them until I spilt that piece of wood.

I dont know what I would do with it, there is no where to put it.

We do already have some carpenter ants around, they are just part of the scenery around here, I have been able to deal with them when they show up with not much trouble.
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote