Price for Drums?

Two for $30

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cool. Thanks guys. That is about what I was thinking. These are food grade. They stored olive oil in them.

Just snagged 3 with no liner, food grade for free! Lucky I know!

I pay $42 for them brand new right off the assembly line and weber lids fit perfectly.

I found mine for $7.50 a piece at a metal scrap yard. Just had to wait till they got a new load of unlined in. Mine were stamped "Biodegradable Kosher Coconut Oil." They were closed top and my Weber lid fit perfect.

Call around to a few scrap yards and if they don't have any in ask'em if they have any recommendations as to where else to try. They normally know everyone else in the business in the area and are willing to refer to each other for items they don't carry. While your there ask about expanded metal too.

I paid $27 for a refurbished unlined 55 gallon drum and $43 for a brand new unlined 16 gallon drum locally. They also have new 30 gallons in stock.

I bought 40 of them for $5 each with lids and bands from our local dairy bottling facility.
They do have a finish inside and were used for OJ concentrate (had a bag liner). I'm sure they would "burn out" fairly easily.
Just a thought to save a few $ for other parts...

We used them to store dried corn in them for our corn burning furnace. (which was great until the ethanol market took off :evil: )
I am seriously considering building a COUPLE UDS'S, while we wait for the weather to warm and we can finish the brick beast.

If any local brethren would like one or two, pm me they are just taking up space...

Back