• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Backwoods Smoker Fatboy.....???

Gawd... how do all of you guys get away with having all these different grills/smokers? Am I missing something here? Some trick I should be using?

My wife was p'd off when she saw my Kiwi knives... can't imagine what another smoker would do.

Easy, i put up a shed just for smokers. :)

Gawd... how do all of you guys get away with having all these different grills/smokers? Am I missing something here? Some trick I should be using?

My wife was p'd off when she saw my Kiwi knives... can't imagine what another smoker would do.

Remember, it is always better to ask forgiveness than permission!!!

Just went through my third summer with my new Fatboy and love every minute of cooking on it. I do not compete but love the space to be able to cook for friends and family.

Just went through my third summer with my new Fatboy and love every minute of cooking on it. I do not compete but love the space to be able to cook for friends and family.

I just placed an order with Kevin at Purple Pork Masters for a customized Fatboy. Very exciting!

I've had my BWS Fatboy for over 3 years. I love it. I have paired it with BBQ Guru CyberQ. I'm planning on adding extended sides for firebox.

We love our Fatboy. We do use a guru and charcoal briquettes. Usually, cooking at 275 and get at least 10 hours no problem. Actual burn time is unknown as we never need it longer but there is always un-burned charcoal left over. We have a custom cart that makes moving a breeze and holds a cutting board to hold our drinks...I mean food.

Last edited:
What be the cooking time on one load of charcoal , without a Guru...???
Also how about using a stoker with the Fatboy....??

This all depends on how you set it up. If you run it with no water it'll burn considerably longer. Using water in the water pan will decrease burn time significantly UNLESS you pre heat the water and cooker with a weed burner.

Great looking rigs there; thanks!

I'm going back and forth on the Fatboy and the Gater. I like the extra space of the Gater, but I like the Fatboy water pan. I'll have to check into the Gater options and see if I can upgrade it.

Spend the extra money on any of the G2 series, well with it.

I am going to be purchasing a Backwoods this spring and I'm trying to decide between the Party & the Fatboy. I mostly cook for my family and a few friends. However I'm getting more requests to cook for larger groups. I have done up to 160 using all my equipment but that totally wore me out running between my UDS, Good-One patio and my kettle.

What are the advantages of the Fat boy over the Party? If this question has already been answered please direct me to the thread and I'll get my answers there.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Phred

I have a G2 Party and love it however, I've found that it's a little small for me and my style of competition cooking. I know people that cook all their meats in it alone and are successful, but for me not so much. I purchased a G2 Chubby to ad to the fleet, and will be purchasing another soon so each category will have its own cooker.

Back