Mrs. Brisket is turning 40! Need help...

Happy Birthday to your bride.
I am thinking of a full crock pot of Bagna Cauda with fresh veggie sticks and crusty Italian bread.
I am thinking of a couple of whole top rounds of beef cooked to rare and slice it up for sandwiches.

Mole, rice, beans, a tacos al pastor station, a couple rented margarita machines, chile con queso, 6 bottles of hornitos and tres leches and choco-flan for dessert.

Grilled whole Beef tenderloin. Slice for sammies on some french bread. Use the griddle for onions, peppers and mushrooms. Add a side dipping Au Jus and badda bing......Happy Birthday to the Mrs. brisket

Mole, rice, beans, a tacos al pastor station, a couple rented margarita machines, chile con queso, 6 bottles of hornitos and tres leches and choco-flan for dessert.

Hehehehehe!!! That's an El Paso Party right there!!:biggrin1: Thought about al pastor as well, but made those for my son's B-Day party. Chile con queso is an automatic!
I had an idea earlier.........not a dish I've ever made, but a dish I REALLY like and one that is a hit around here. ASADO De Puerco. I found this recipe. I could brown up a lot of cubed pork on the griddle and then into the roasters with the chile sauce. One odd ingredient.........half an avocado pit! Never seen that used in a recipe.

http://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/2008/12/pork-stew-nuevo-leon-style-asado-de.html

Check it out. Would go well with a white rice vs. a Spanish rice.

I'll be on vacation during the week of her party.............I COULD just dig a hole in the ground and put half a hog in it......or a whole mess of butts! Maybe even toss a chuck roll in there. Half with a pibil marinade and the others with the asado!

Just maybe............:-D

Bob!! 40!! Time to trade in for a newer model, bother! :twisted:

JK! Happy Birthday to the Mrs! Looking forward to the pics of the clebratory cook!

I can't afford the divorce, so I'm trying to convince Mrs. Brisket to just let two 20 year old hotties join us for some Hit Action...............:-D. She ain't too keen on the idea:twisted:.

I have a friend who's Mom makes asado de puerco every year for his birthday. It's the one thing he asks his Mom to make him. It's very good. Happy B-Day to your wife.

Back