Brisket/Butt Chili!!!(1st Attempt at Pron)

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, I had three brisket points and a hunk of butt left over from the Paul Kirk class so I decided to make the best use of them that I could in a big ole pot of chili.

ad050793-c49d-5889.jpg

ad050793-c4d8-141a.jpg

ad050793-c503-0afa.jpg

ad050793-c538-bc5c.jpg

Some good ole chili powder.
ad050793-c56d-6078.jpg

Three cans of dis...
ad050793-c5a6-4c1c.jpg

The holy trinity...
ad050793-c5e0-1833.jpg

A little of dat...
ad050793-c60a-97c9.jpg

A handful of these...
ad050793-c65c-7ac8.jpg

Texans might wanna look away...
ad050793-c69f-0d02.jpg

ad050793-c6ca-2090.jpg

Lookin like chili...
ad050793-c6fc-803b.jpg

Time to eat...
ad050793-c737-4e00.jpg

Well this was my first time putting the pics up guys. Hopefully I didn't break any rules. And hope you enjoy!
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It should be noted, that in order to follow the recipe exactly, the 5 second rule of food hitting the floor must be observed about four times during the prep process. ;P

It should be noted, that in order to follow the recipe exactly, the 5 second rule of food hitting the floor must be observed about four times during the prep process. ;P

Is that the secret spice maybe?

Just joking the chili looks dang good

Very nice! I actually just threw together some burnt ends and pulled pork to make some chili too. Trial run for chili cookoff at work next Friday.

Is there such a thing as bad chili...every time I see a bowl of chili, it always looks good and probably tastes better. Makes me want to make some. Good job.

Did you pressure cook it then move to the Dutch? This Texan loves beans in his chili. Course, that's just the Beaner in me!! That combo of black, pinto, and kidney beans makes for a nice contrast. Black eyed peas RAWK in a chili too. Specially if it REAL hot, the sweetness balances it out.
I got one ?.......................................................WHERE"S MY BOWL??? I'd hit that hard!

Bob

Did you pressure cook it then move to the Dutch? This Texan loves beans in his chili. Course, that's just the Beaner in me!! That combo of black, pinto, and kidney beans makes for a nice contrast. Black eyed peas RAWK in a chili too. Specially if it REAL hot, the sweetness balances it out.
I got one ?.......................................................WHERE"S MY BOWL??? I'd hit that hard!

Bob

Well the pressure cooker was the only pot I had big enough to do the whole batch. I did put the lid on for about twenty minutes, but just to help those chewy point chunks soften up. The dutch oven was just for transportation to a friends house for the LSU/Auburn game.

I have tried it with no beans, but I just don't like it as much.

I like the pressure cooker idea. Good way to get the leftover brisket, pork, cheeken, or whatever meat chunks softened up quicker. I likey! Chile, IMO, is the best way to put the leftovers to use one more time. Their flavor kicks the chili up nice.

Bob

Still call myself a Texan (lived a good part of my life in Dallas & Houston areas) & love those beans in chili. Yours looks mighty good. :thumb:

Back