View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

I read the earlier posts. Try not to read too much in to it. However, 5 7's and a 6 in
taste definitely says something. Ford gave a lot of good ideas that I'd like to add one
to, being possibly too much salt.

Yes the BBQ needs to stand out, but just because something stands out doesn't mean
that it's great Q.

Yes, we eat our competition BBQ. I like it spicy. I dont make it quite as spicy as
I'd prefer it, as I dont want to turn them off. I make it ever-so-slighly more salty
than I like it, again because I'm very sensitive to salt and pretty much hate it. I like
a nice pepper burn. Guess that's pretty much why I really like Blues Hog Tennessee
Red, but that's another story. Yes, I can sit down and eat a plate or two of pulled
pork (my favorite), or a rack of ribs without any real problem.

Does that matter (above); not really. I suggest get a few friends who will be brutally
honest and let them try the Q. Also, dont eat it right off, but have them put it in a
box on top of lettuce (or whatever) and eat it 15 to 20 minutes later. See how it
turns out.

That, and another idea might be to go judge a contest or two. You'll see what
comes across the table that works and what doesn't work.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote