On site cooking classes

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Are there any teams out there who have cooking classes actually onsite during a comp? I think this would be the best way to teach. I would love to take a class this way. ANy offers?:becky:

You can pay $500 to watch me get trounced in Shannon, IL this weekend. Might not be the best value for your dollar though.

I teach any people who volunteer to help me out with setup, cleanup and box running. It's called mentoring. I especially like teaching people how to make parsley boxes :heh:

If you were teaching, would you want 20 people in your space, asking questions, while you were trying to get the product in the box?

I'd show up to see you do brisket:becky:

I like the idea, but I'm not sure how much I'd get out of it as a student in comparison to what other folks are doing over the course of a day or two.

I want the timing, ingredients, process, and most importantly the thought process behind what a winning cook is doing. The latter, is where I've found the gold.

My .02

I teach any people who volunteer to help me out with setup, cleanup and box running. It's called mentoring. I especially like teaching people how to make parsley boxes :heh:

And you do it well :clap2: Many thanks sir.I just wish I had not slept thru the chicken lesson.

Are there any teams out there who have cooking classes actually onsite during a comp? I think this would be the best way to teach. I would love to take a class this way. ANy offers?:becky:

Galvinell comp had cooking classes during contest last year.

Here in PNWBA land it happens a few times during the season, some are one day "lite cooks" with a BBQ 101 type class and others are "Pitmaster" type in the Paul Kirk vein with a CBJ Class at the same time.

Probably one of the best ones offered by the PNWBA is the one in Chehalis, WA.
http://www.pnwba.com/

Usually, a few top comp cooks are onsite to lend a hand or share expertise along with the instructors. Last year, a couple teams even vended, competed and helped with the class-got calls and even a 180 for Brisket. A couple of the new teams even spent the night and cooked the comp on Sunday.

I got bit by the comp bug at this event, took the class with my son, so it's kinda special to me.

Back