• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I just found the motherload of barrels for UDS...

What was stored in the drums do you know?

Just follow Norco's direction and you will have a great cooker. Mine works great.

yeah i would like to know what was stored in the barrels I need another one or 2!

I'm suprised there isn't a lot more of that local to me. With one of the largest port cities on the east coast, I'd figure that NJ would have as significant number of them to get rid of.

I talked to Frank.
These drums held new hydraulic oil.

Which as it so happens will clean up nicely with a pressure washer and a degreaser. :mrgreen:

I have two being picked up on Friday

I've heard this argument a few times before. "what did the barrel contain?" I'm trying to rationalize using just any barrel, save for toxic waste straight from the nuclear power plant, because if you clean it well, degrease it, burn it, I'm not sure that it would be unsafe. I guess my reasoning for this is to take for example any stick smokers that were converted from a propane tank. Propane is a liquid in these tanks, and unless I'm mistaken, is petroleum based. But obviously we couldn't use it in a gas grill either if it were horribly bad. I've even seen people convert diesel tanks to smokers. But then if I knew a tank contained pesticides at one point, I wouldn't even consider using it. Just adding to the conversation....

You guys beat me to it. Yes, Frank emailed me and said that they had the Hydraulic oil in them. Ive called and left a message and told him I want one or two. You guys better not buy my stash out before I get there...LOL.

I'm suprised there isn't a lot more of that local to me. With one of the largest port cities on the east coast, I'd figure that NJ would have as significant number of them to get rid of.

I think in Jersey most of them are used for BDDs (Body Disposal Drums). :biggrin:
I keed I keed!

You guys beat me to it. Yes, Frank emailed me and said that they had the Hydraulic oil in them. Ive called and left a message and told him I want one or two. You guys better not buy my stash out before I get there...LOL.

he has a bunch. made me an offer of 4 for 25.00 :shock: as he has a bunch to get rid of.

I only want 2 of them so I will go ahead and spend the 9.00 each :wink:

SirPorkaLot...you are near me...wanna take a noob under your wing and teach me a thing or two? LOL

I think you will find that most everyone on here will take you under their wing and help out a noob, that is one of the things that make this the best BBQ forum on the net.

We were all noobs once.

I plan on doing some cooking this Sunday for the games, you are more than welcome to come hang out.
just bring the beer :mrgreen:

awesome! send me a private message with your contact info. Id love to hang out and learn from someone who knows more than me. LOL.

I've been in TN all week, I'll be back in ATL tomorrow, I got to get a couple of these. Nice find Marietta Smoker.

AUCE98

Back