Underground Pig (picture heavy)

Darn I can't come up with anything better to say that hasn't already been said. Looks awesome!

Going back to stuffing chicken in the pig. I was at a pig roast in Southern Illinois and they stuff chickens and potatoes in the pig. That pork juice ran through the chickens and potatoes MMMMMMMMM good!

Last edited:
I agree with you Arlin.

X2.

I purposely did NOT post after reading this thread the first time. Maybe I'm getting smarter in my old age :rolleyes:. But I DID put on my bib before opening one of Jeanie's theads - saves on keyboards that way :biggrin:.

Please accept my apology for doubting your abilities. I am so used to people on the internet claiming to be what they are not that I am naturally cynical about what I believe.
It is almost beyond my belief that anyone (note I said anyone, not a woman) could be so talented in so many ways. I was thinking of the the old movie, "Christmas in Connecticut" in which the famous food writer was a complete fabrication.
I hope you'll find it in your heart to accept me back as a valued member of the brethren. If you have no objections, I'll be glad to publically post this apology.
Richard
Now that took moinks. Kudos Richard.

Come on back, Richard. No need to run off.

The Internet can indeed make being cynical easy. You just need to know how to phrase your questions, especially if you're going to pick on someone like our cowgirl.

Jeanie's unlike anyone else on this board and she's on a pedestal whether she wants to be or not. :biggrin: So, when a 'new guy'...well, you can see where I'm going with this.

Skepticism is OK - it keeps us from falling victim to the not-so-virtuous folks on the Internet - but sometimes it can be interpreted as an attack. I'm glad you turned out to be OK, and I'm sure cowgirl is happier you came back to apologize. I am.

Arlin

That's the true Brethren spirit, Arlin, and it's the reason this is the best BBQ website on the net. We love you Jeanie! :-D

Please accept my apology for doubting your abilities. I am so used to people on the internet claiming to be what they are not that I am naturally cynical about what I believe.
It is almost beyond my belief that anyone (note I said anyone, not a woman) could be so talented in so many ways. I was thinking of the the old movie, "Christmas in Connecticut" in which the famous food writer was a complete fabrication.
I hope you'll find it in your heart to accept me back as a valued member of the brethren. If you have no objections, I'll be glad to publically post this apology.
Richard

Thank you for the apology. As I said in my PM reply to you, I've not met many people like you. I live in a farming/ranching community... and am not the only woman who raises animals on her own. It's a way of life out here,
nothing unusual. Some might not be as addicted to smoking as I am but they all cook up a storm. :biggrin:

I did google "Christmas in Connecticut" I've not heard of it....and to answer your question,
You do have TV, don't you?
Yes I DO have a tv..... Other modern conveniences too. :wink:

Again, apology accepted.

Skepticism is OK - it keeps us from falling victim to the not-so-virtuous folks on the Internet - but sometimes it can be interpreted as an attack. I'm glad you turned out to be OK, and I'm sure cowgirl is happier you came back to apologize. I am.

Arlin

I don't have to be skeptical. I have the unique ability to read people's minds and know precisely if what they are posting on the Internet is truth or fiction. In fact, I invented the Internet. I only shared it with others so I could keep track on everyone. Not only did I invent the Internet, I own and run the Internet. I'm just a little bit better than everyone else at everything. Except cooking and photography. But other than that, I am the best at everything. In fact, tomorrow is MY day - I bought it from the government. It's celebrated in sixteen countries. Children run in the streets and sing songs to me.

I'm glad Jeanie and Richard reconciled. I'm going to take my meds now.

You are an angel, Jeanie. Keep the Threads and Photos comming! :-D
Michael, thank you!

My deer season/pig cookout has taken a toll on me. lol I think I wore myself out with the work and late nights. Now I have caught a cold. :icon_smil:redface:

I'm going to have to drink a hot toddy or something to knock this bug outta me.
I'll try to not breathe on any of you. :wink:

lol Dan, thanks for the laugh! I needed that! lol

Michael, thank you!

My deer season/pig cookout has taken a toll on me. lol I think I wore myself out with the work and late nights. Now I have caught a cold. :icon_smil:redface:

I'm going to have to drink a hot toddy or something to knock this bug outta me.
I'll try to not breath on any of you. :wink:

Oh by all means breathe on me, Jeanie! :p (maybe some of your skills will rub off) and get well soon! :-D

I invented the Internet.

OK ... so your telling us your real name is Al Gore?

cowgirl ... if you want to see the movie get the original one with Barbera Stanwyck. Do you still have a VHS player around the house. I will gladly send ya a copy. It is a movie I think everyone would enjoy.

OK ... so your telling us your real name is Al Gore?

cowgirl ... if you want to see the movie get the original one with Barbera Stanwyck. Do you still have a VHS player around the house. I will gladly send ya a copy. It is a movie I think everyone would enjoy.

Thank you Marc that is really nice of you! I think I'd rather have some of that smoked turkey broth right now. :-D

I don't have to be skeptical. I have the unique ability to read people's minds and know precisely if what they are posting on the Internet is truth or fiction. In fact, I invented the Internet. I only shared it with others so I could keep track on everyone. Not only did I invent the Internet, I own and run the Internet. I'm just a little bit better than everyone else at everything. Except cooking and photography. But other than that, I am the best at everything. In fact, tomorrow is MY day - I bought it from the government. It's celebrated in sixteen countries. Children run in the streets and sing songs to me.

and I quote..."shut up Chambers"

Thank you Marc that is really nice of you! I think I'd rather have some of that smoked turkey broth right now. :-D

OK ... I can get dry ice at the local Publix. Pack it at the UPS Store. But I think it will have to be a 2 day delivery since you are in the country. Heck, when I lived in western ND, I couldn't get anything over-nighted to me and I lived in town. So look for the UPS truck the day after tomorrow. I sent it to

Jeannie Cowgirl
The Deer Camp
Western Oklahoma

so it might take an extra day to get to ya.

I have read it is always better to ship dry ice packed food overnight (the ice only lasts 48 hours.)

noles - good man for the public apology took some coglioni's in my book. Now sit back, grab a beer and enjoy the brethren, everyone here is great people. Some may have there differences, but there is a wealth of knowledge, and a true brotherhood(sisters included)

OK ... I can get dry ice at the local Publix. Pack it at the UPS Store. But I think it will have to be a 2 day delivery since you are in the country. Heck, when I lived in western ND, I couldn't get anything over-nighted to me and I lived in town. So look for the UPS truck the day after tomorrow. I sent it to

Jeannie Cowgirl
The Deer Camp
Western Oklahoma

so it might take an extra day to get to ya.

lol That's okay Marc, I found a cold orange and some hot tea for now. Thanks though. :-D

awsome i wish i was there!

Thanks Warren! It was fun. Friday night burning the wood was really fun... and nobody fell into the pit. :biggrin:

I should have dressed warmer though. :icon_smil:-D

You do that, Mr. Gore!! :biggrin:

Back