THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
We had an early thanksgiving this past weekend with a whole bird cooked traditionally in the oven.
For Thanksgiving day I plan to cook a 12lb turkey breast outside.

What should I do with it?
slow smoked turkey boob?
high heat roasted turkey boob?
Other thoughts?

Grind some of your favorite chicken rub, mix with fruit juice, maybe apple, and inject. Slow smoke until 160 glaze with your favorite, and rest, tented in foil. We get great feedback from this method.When using juices,they work better when reduced or concentrated for a more intense flavor. Good luck, Steve.

How apropo.....I was just getting ready to ask the same thing. I'm doing two breasts (two sets) and plan to do a Southwest menu....so I'm making up a black mole to serve with the Turkey....was thinking of doing some mesquite smoke on the breasts with an injection...this prolly pushed me over the edge.

recommend brining that bird!

I prefer brining turkey vs. injection - more even juiciness, and wider tolerance on cooking temp without negative effect on finished bird. 8-24 hours of brine time, depending how highly concentrated you make your brine.

Good luck whatever you do!

Back