View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckswagonbbq View Post
I am pretty good at pricing my services but this one has me stumped. Here’s the situation:

I got a call for someone who wants a pig roast for their wedding. It’s for 125 people and they also want bbq chicken. They would like 3 sides and up to 6 different appetizers, hot and cold. They also want china plates and silverware instead of paper and plastic ware.

This would be my first pig roast for a wedding.

They gave me a budget amount of $25 to 30 per person.

I normally get $20 per head, for a party over 100 people, for the pig and three sides, w/ paper and plastic wares. But with the plates, silverware, BBQ chicken and appetizers, I do not think that I can meet the $30 per person. I am going to need at least one or two other cooks and two to three servers. The cooks get $100 for the day and the servers get $75.

I would have to rent the plates, and silver ware. The plates are .30 each and the silverware is .35 for each fork, knife and spoon. I do not need to rent chafing dishes since I have bought them already.

What do others get for this kind of service?
Do you have a local rental company who will do the service ware set up and take down and let them bid it separately. I am hooked up with one who does it all tents,Johns,dance floors ect I reefer and vice versa and if in the budget I can tack on a few percent. One less thing you have to do.