View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
jgdusc
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Follow up: Not the best but...

Went with a lower temp cooking it at 250. Took a little longer than I would have liked as the fam likes to eat early and everyone was standing around waiting while I explained it had to rest as well.

Being a virgin, I didn't inspect the roast that well. Got it at Publix and saw string wrapped around it. Assumed it was already deboned or if not the the bones had been cut away and retied. Neither was true. Desperately trying to get it on the grill I opted to just rub and go. Paid a little price when it came time to carve.

Was a little disappointed in the taste/texture, but it wasn't a great piece of meat to begin with. Only one they had out and I didn't have time to wait.

Definitely will try again with hopefully better results since I know what to look for and what not to do - ie try a meal like this on a weeknight.

I apologize for the delay, couldn't get the pictures to upload Wednesday and actually had to work yesterday. Thanks for the help all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (76.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (76.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (55.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (72.6 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (69.7 KB, 99 views)

Thanks from:--->