• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket In a Drum.

leanza

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Funk-o-matic approach. Briski ala drum. Needs some fine tuning on my part but was real good. I'm thinking that placing it on a pan, later in the cook, could have inhibited good smoke ring formation.

Attachments

• brisky scewers 002.jpg
    brisky scewers 002.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 389
  • brisky scewers 006.jpg
    brisky scewers 006.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 384
  • brisky scewers 018.jpg
    brisky scewers 018.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 386
  • brisky scewers 022.jpg
    brisky scewers 022.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 385
Oh man that looks good. Makes the stuff I'm cooking look sad.

In my dreams once I cooked a brisket that looked like that...

Very nice bark and juicy too. Sure can't complain about that brisket, it looks great!

looks super! since the smoke ring forms at the beginning of the cook, the pan probably did not effect your ring, but that is some great looking meat, ring or not.

Leanza, you are a lot like me. Its too hard to try and separate the point from the flat so I just slice through them both too! When its cooked just right, which way you slice the grain doesn't seem to matter anyway.

Are there any good posts around that show how to find and then cut down that fat line after its cooked?

looks super! since the smoke ring forms at the beginning of the cook, the pan probably did not effect your ring, but that is some great looking meat, ring or not.

There were some principles I was trying to establish with the cook. First I wanted to establish that I could cook the brisket in a large window of cooking temps instead of micro managing 225*. Second, that the drum would hold temp overnight. Third the use of a pan in the process and the outcome. Finaly, maintaining bark the by not foiling. I didnt antisipate any problems with a smoke ring development as its usually never an issue.

Results. Temp ranges of 225*-275* do not create a problem. Drum held temps. Panning the brisket late in the cook I have no opinion on. And bark results were excellent at you can see in the pictures. My only issue was with the smoke ring. Little ring formation. I used oak wine barrel and grape wood.

Back