View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #10
Demosthenes
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdean1003 View Post
If Myron Mixon reads this forum he's not gonna like me after reading this post.

I haven't felt well all week, and ended up taking Friday off to fully recover and get over this little stomach bug I'd dealt with the past few days. Saturday we got up, I was feeling tons better, so we made a day out of Saturday; got some stuff for the baby, went by Micro Center to get some much needed computer upgrades for myself, but before that, we stopped in at Jacks Old South in Braselton for some pulled pork plates.

We walked in, saw the old school atmosphere, smelled absolutely mouthwatering BBQ and we both thought "Hey, this is going to be GREAT...it smells wonderful in here."

Never, have I ever, in my entire life, been more wrong about anything.

The fries and their hickory BBQ sauce were the best things on the plate. The pork had a MINISCULE amount of bark, a HINT of a smoke ring, and absolutely no flavor, what so ever. The meat was gray. GRAY. Chunky. Tender, yes. About what you'd pour out of a can off the shelf of BBQ pork. Myron Mixon might be winning awards as a judge and such, and hell he just may read this board, but that was without a doubt the worst excuse for BBQ I've ever had. Now, he did something right with the sauce; the hickory sauce is great. But the pulled pork? It seriously tasted as if it had an hour of smoke then was boiled in a crock pot.

Sorry if I'm a little harsh, but that's just the way it was.

Feedback?
I feel ya on that! I attended the Big Pig Jig about 7 or 8 years ago and and on my way out I stopped at a Jack's Old South food stand. I got a pulled pork sandwich and ended up throwing it away. It had zero flavor and it was VERY mushy, almost a pate' of sorts with strands of meat. YUK! Myron must not be overseeing the product being put out.