Neither Rain, Or More Rain, Or A Flood....

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
DSC08245a.jpg

...will stop thirdeye from finishing a cook. It started innocently enough, cloudy skies that had been spitting rain on and off. I had just put my bamboo steamer in my wok, when the rain picked up a little. Just in case, I put up a golf umbrella to shield the cooker. Within a few minutes all he77 broke loose.

DSC08240a.jpg

DSC08238a.jpg

About this time, the winds really picked up and the rain was horizontal. This is looking out my front door. That blur is my American flag getting torn off the pole.

DSC08239.jpg

A couple of shots of the school grounds behind my house. After about 40 minutes everything did settle down, and my veggies were just right.

DSC08242a.jpg

DSC08241a.jpg

DSC08243a.jpg

DSC08246a.jpg

a28000c5.gif

Huh, that same storm got me about two weeks ago, you forgot to show the hail it started with!

Hey Wayne, that same system hit our place at about 9pm. Glad you turned out OK.

I like the fact your umbrella mod seemed to stay intact in spite of the wind...

The nasty stuff went south of us. Light rain here now, pinto beans are in the crock pot and the brisket is hanging at 160*.

Yeah.....wuz wondering about that myself. Nice MOD!!!

I like your steamer.....you like? Work well?
You just sit it on top of your wok?

is the glass on the eggmate your rain gauge......LOL. Mad Max from the egg forum uses the bamboo baskets for fish. talk about delish......t

That's a lot of water - and yet dinner was not interrupted!

The clamp is a modified C-clamp, and the umbrella is attached to it. I think because it was close to the house it got a break from the big gusts of wind that were ripping on the front side of the house.

Yeah.....wuz wondering about that myself. Nice MOD!!!

I like your steamer.....you like? Work well?
You just sit it on top of your wok?

Oh yeah, steamers work great. It sits right in the wok. I start with about a pint of water. When I need more I just open the lid and pour through the slats.

is the glass on the eggmate your rain gauge......LOL. Mad Max from the egg forum uses the bamboo baskets for fish. talk about delish......t

I was saying the same thing last night...I called it the widemouth version.

EDIT: Oh yeah, official rainfall was 1.5" in 40 minutes. The record was 1" in 13 minutes just west of me along the river.

You are a true Brethren.

Beach front property at home on the range!

Glad to see you didn't get swept away!

Back