• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fab free

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anybody ever use this?

http://store.theingredientstore.com/fabfree.aspx

Quantity (243) in stock
Item Number: 891-16
Manufacturer: Ames Company
Manufacturer Part No: 891

FAB Free is FAB -- but without added MSG. It works just like all other FABs in improving yield and texture, mouthfeel and most of all, flavor.

FAB Free may be used with any meat: beef, chicken and pork. Use it exactly as you would our traditional FABs -- marinade, inject, vacuum, tumble, whatever!

NO MSG??? It kind of makes it pointless to use if you ask me. MSG is what enhances all the flavors in the regular FAB P.

I've got some coming from The Ingredient Store. Probably won't have it for this weekend, but am going to cook something up and give it a try... They have a bunch of new stuff on their site, so it's that time of year for experimenting before the season starts!!!

NO MSG??? It kind of makes it pointless to use if you ask me. MSG is what enhances all the flavors in the regular FAB P.

I like FAB more for the texture/moisture retention than for the flavor it imparts....

We have been FAB-free at every contest.
shiner.gif

Not sure if anyone watches Food detective on foodnetwork.

They talked about how MSG, has never been proven to give anyone problems. It all stems from a doctor eating a chinese meal back in 68 and got sick. he blamed it on the MSG. All research doen since has not been able to prove it does anything to anyone.

On the show they gave the room a meal with MSG and the other half no MSG. The side with no MSG had 5 ppl say they felt the effects of msg, and 3 on the side with msg said they did.

Then they told them that only half the room had MSG. Alot of the problem goes back to ppl tend to eat more when they go out. So they get bloated and light headed from the meal, not the msg.

MSG is basicly, salt with a protein derivitive.

Man if i could spell I would rock!

Back